Normal or Inverted Controls?

Normal or Inverted Controls?

• Total voters
Not all games define normal/inverted the same. As far as I am concerned Forward on the stick should be down when aiming etc. When it isn't for a game I switch the control options to Inverted.

Inverted... Cut my teeth on space simulators and flight sims in the early 90's, and now my brain only works that way....

I think Bob nailed it. All the Flight Sims have trained my brain that way. I think it was really Doom and Wolf3d that did it though. IIRC ID had inverted as the default controls and I played those like crazy in my brain's formative years. Playing "normal" to me is like me trying to write with my left hand..........

How does it not make sense? You don't look up to look down. Inverted is the one that doesn't make sense.
I just tried to explain how we inverted people work, and now I have a headache. It's something you can't explain. For some people, it could be from playing many flight simulators or flying games. I never was big into them, so I don't know why I'm used to it. I don't use inverted with a mouse on PC games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)