PC. Borderlands presequel or GTAV ?

JonnyCakes

Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Anyone else wondering which one to get first and wont be buggy as heck ? I'm leaning towards the borderlands game since I don't know how good RAGE will be with an open world/sandbox game just yet. LA Noire played horrible on my machine, but then they turned around at Max Payne 3 (which really wasn't open world.. but a STILL LOADING world.) . (6750 1GB HIS, Athlon II X4 640, 4GBs of RAM, Windows 7 64 bit , 1440x900 monitor). Basing GTA5 on Watch_Dogs I wouldn't be able to play it worth anything according to all the youtube videos.

I would assume that Borderlands will be a competent PC game. I always thought of BL1 and BL2 as PC first games even when I was originally playing them on PS3. I picked them both up again when I built my PC and I was happy with them. They had lots of nice PC settings you don't see in crappy console ports and they both run great on my machine.

If I was purchasing based on which I think will be the better PC port I would pick Borderlands. GTA IV didn't get a lot of praise for its PC port and it was still choppy on my PC that was built almost 5 years after it came out. Hopefully they put a little more effort into it this time.

If I was purchasing based on which I thought would be the better game it would be GTA V. I love the Borderlands series but GTA V was something special. There is a reason it took them 5 years to develop it. The pre-sequel feels like a weird spinoff that may or may not live up to the first two games.

Either way, I would just wait for reviews. There isn't much reason to pre-order a digital download PC game. If the pre-sequel turns out to be a crappy game the choice becomes much easier.

I would assume that Borderlands will be a competent PC game. I always thought of BL1 and BL2 as PC first games even when I was originally playing them on PS3. I picked them both up again when I built my PC and I was happy with them. They had lots of nice PC settings you don't see in crappy console ports and they both run great on my machine.

If I was purchasing based on which I think will be the better PC port I would pick Borderlands. GTA IV didn't get a lot of praise for its PC port and it was still choppy on my PC that was built almost 5 years after it came out. Hopefully they put a little more effort into it this time.

If I was purchasing based on which I thought would be the better game it would be GTA V. I love the Borderlands series but GTA V was something special. There is a reason it took them 5 years to develop it. The pre-sequel feels like a weird spinoff that may or may not live up to the first two games.

Either way, I would just wait for reviews. There isn't much reason to pre-order a digital download PC game. If the pre-sequel turns out to be a crappy game the choice becomes much easier.

Yeah, I might wait to see what the Christmas sale does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)