Attachments

• 2016-01-13-2093.jpg
    2016-01-13-2093.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 2016-01-13-2094.jpg
    2016-01-13-2094.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: k.r.
I have one of those norsat lnbf. The info sheet that come with it said you could use 14-18 volt to switch polarity or a pulse switch. If you try it let us know how it works.

Reactions: k.r.
Mine is not LNBF, it is a conventional feedhorn with scalar ring and a +5V polarizer motor which turns the whole C-band LNB around and not just the probe inside the horn what the case is with all other mechanical feeds.
I only wanted to say that by design it looks like your LNBF (scalar ring, blue feed cover).
My feed must be some 30 years old (although still new in the box) however I have never ever seen a single info about it anywhere, either on the net nor in any old magazine...

It's been my experience that old dishes were made better than the stuff you buy today for residential use but the LNBs of yesterday do not compare to what is available today, price and performance.

I generally agree with you, but ... LNBs are the least important part of the receiving gear, they don't really make any difference to a cosumer's eye. Appropriate feed however is another story. And here nothing beats good old (mostly US) engineered stuff from the 80s & 90s. Chaparral, Seavey & ADL did history. Prices levels are friendlier today though.
I'll try to contact Norsat to see if they have anything to say about this particular model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts