NorthWest Cable News??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`ve just been able to free up my DSR922 having installed a 75E dish for my Shaw Direct DSR505. I`ve been looking for the NorthWest Cable News channel which had been on C4 581. Can someone please tell me if it has moved or??
ALSO, Now that I have access to my 922 can someone point me to a current listing of what is available for both subscription and nonsubscription viewing.
I`m planning to get my old CoolSat 5000 out for FTA so I`ll probably have some questions of that forum.
Happy New Year to all Sat Guys forum members.............

Its on 91W GB
http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy17.html
4115 transponder.....I think you have to use generics to get it. I know its there as I picked it up with the Digitrans 7150. Volume is whacked (very distorted at normal volume)

4115 H 19510 or with generics CG 500-509

Last edited:
It's still on C4-581 also. 4012 V 7320 DCII.
If you aren't receiving it, you may not have the current channel maps. They changed SR's awhile ago.

Thanks photoman76. My next problem is that I don`t know how to update the channel maps. My TDT is maxed out and I`m hoping that it`s not necessary to do a master resetas I`m freaked out about screwing something up AND I don`t have a clue of how to perform it.

to update maps you just have to move the dish to a premium movie mux and let it sit there for 5 minutes to get the maps.

I use to use G5 100 (Starz) on the 905 I had...now that was a few months ago so that may have changed now

Thanks Ice - I don`t have a Starz subscription. Will it work without one or is there an alternative??

If your TDT is maxed out you have no option but do a MR. Your maps will not update properly with a maxed out TDT. The problem is are the channel maps on G1 any good any more if they are still up. It is way too late into the game in IMHO. This leaves you with two options leave the receiver as is or try a MR and you may end up with an analog only receiver capable of adding X4 next year.

I parked on G5 100 for 20 minutes and C4 581 still is "searching".
I don`t know what "using genreics on GB" means but I sure appreciate your help.

It's mapped in on C4 if you have the update from a few months ago when they changed the SR. If the TDT is maxed no matter how you try to get it to update it won't. Generics is an option if he knows how to use them. The thing is most Generics don't do low SR like what NWCN changed to.

Two things, I am no longer certain that the maps stream is on that transponder.

If it is horizontal, try a vertical one, or vice-versa. One fact is certain, you need to have a green DC light on the front panel of the receiver to receive the maps.

If you have a green DC light on GO-05, you might use it to do the mapping, or if you have a green DC light on GB-24 that could work.

And it is possible Moto has already pulled the maps stream.

And certain quirky receivers require a 'Authorization Reset' before they will download the maps. Rare on a previously authorized receiver, but possible. Do this only as a last resort.

Generics is an option if he knows how to use them. The thing is most Generics don't do low SR like what NWCN changed to.

tvropro
The version on GB is 19510 symbol rate. Its been there for a while. I dont know which channel # is is in the generic batch but on the 7150 its channel 3

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 126
I don`t know what "using genreics on GB" means but I sure appreciate your help.

Generics is just that....a generic set of frequencies/symbol rates that work for non mapped items. You can try it
Move dish to GB (91W)
Change satellite to CG (should be an option)
Hit channel 500. The green sat light should go on
scroll through between 500-509 until NWCN shows up. I dont know the exact channel that its under. Like I say I have a different unit to tune it in

tvropro
The version on GB is 19510 symbol rate. Its been there for a while. I dont know which channel # is is in the generic batch but on the 7150 its channel 3

I tuned it in on before on GB but I forget what tile & channel I used. It locks on my 922 on C4 so I normally don't go to GB for it. My generic tiles are on 4 important cable muxes 99% of the time :)

I tried bigjohn500`s suggestion, G0 05 the DC light flickers on twice then stays off. GB 24 switches to GB 601 with no DC light.
Following Ice`s suggestion, I couldn`t figure out how to change GB to CG but now I know what generics are.
Are there any other sats from which I can get a continuous DC light.

I`m parked on W1 400 (R&R) with a DC light. Hopefully I can get a remap from this. Will report back..............
Thanks again for ALL the support & suggestions.

I`m parked on W1 400 (R&R) with a DC light. Hopefully I can get a remap from this. Will report back..............
Thanks again for ALL the support & suggestions.

You mentioned your TDT is 1920. You will not get updates. There is no more room in memory to add the data. Normally I would tell someone to go to G1-3 and do a soft boot (pull the plug out wait 30 sec and plug back in) The thing is the maps were suppose to get pulled on the 29th last I heard they are still there but buggy. If your up to chancing it, try a soft boot. If that don't work do a MR and reload the maps. You really should have looked into this a week ago at the latest. Mike Kohl was getting positive results on the 29th still. If you wait any longer you will be stuck with what you have now maybe for a long time. And even if the maps come back at a later date it may not include NWCN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)