"Norton Security Scan" keeps re-appearing

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
I have this strange phenomena that keeps happening. A desktop shortcut for Norton Security Scan keeps showing up on my desktop at work. I go through the uninstall (through control panel ---> add/remove programs) and it will uninstall, but about two or three days later, it shows up again. We don't have a LAN at work. We all just have a wireless adapter that picks up our internet from the wireless router. Anyone seen anything like this before?

If you have NIS for your work computer I would first talk with your IT Dept. If not you may want to try removing all NIS by clicking on start and then search for Norton and or Symantec and remove them that way.

I followed your advice Frank and I found a folder under C:/Program Files/Shared Files called Norton Security. It had several other folders in it. I just deleted the main folder. Maybe that will take care of the problem.

I followed your advice Frank and I found a folder under C:/Program Files/Shared Files called Norton Security. It had several other folders in it. I just deleted the main folder. Maybe that will take care of the problem.
I hope that works for you. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts