Not a dish farm, just hobby farm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I still have work to do at my hobby farm, but this is it so far.....thought I'd attach a picture and would be interested in other peoples setups.

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 353
sweet...

I have to update mine...pretty much current

Attachments

• Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 285
D.R. you must live at the equator to have THAT much elevation. And Ice, it looks like you have a better view in all directions (se to sw) than I do, but I don't like heights! Oh, by the way, the P* dish on the left has 3 kufss on it picking up 101, 93, 83

a highly sophisticated dishfarm with irrigation system :D
I like the dish_pole_cement_in_bucket set up.
Thanks for sharing!
After i added some rebars to my set-up, I will post a pic

sikma said:
And Ice, it looks like you have a better view in all directions (se to sw) than I do, but I don't like heights! Oh, by the way, the P* dish on the left has 3 kufss on it picking up 101, 93, 83

My LOS is from 30-148 :D

That’s the good thing…bad thing is I can’t get a 36” dish up there…hits the roof : (

The height isn’t that bad…I use a 6 foot stepladder and put it on the deck. Climb up and its right there. I can’t put it on the front due to the HOA :mad: so I have them all there. I hate heights but this isn’t bad

Hope to see if I can get 74 & 83 on a 30” dish : )

Either alot of you guys are single or your wife doesn't go out the back (or front) door (whichever area the dishes are set up on).....because my wife would kill me if I had more than 2. I even catch a bit of hell over just the 2 some times.

I too appreciate the bucket trick. I might try that and when I suspect the wife is comming outside for some reason I can quickly hide the dishes...ha...ha...ya right. I would be caught unfortunately and suffer some wrath. Great pics guys

Either alot of you guys are single or your wife doesn't go out the back (or front) door (whichever area the dishes are set up on).....because my wife would kill me if I had more than 2. I even catch a bit of hell over just the 2 some times.
Not married :D
All I have to deal with is the HOA…my mom just laughs when she comes over :D

Here's mine, the economy model. Believe or not, but my wife has been into it since day one. She could care less about the technical side, but man she knows how to operate it. I get to watch what ever I want.......... when she's not home. :yes

Attachments

• Dsc00210.jpg
    Dsc00210.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 238
LAUGH OUT LOUD jim, way too funny, sometimes i feel the same way :) tho i have to admit i do have a couple more dishes than you do. If ya folks really want, ill post a pic of the "three bears" again (my BUD, 30", and 18").

I like using buckets. I'm constantly moving them around. The buckets are free and for $6 at Menards I get a sack of concrete, just add water. Unless I get dutch-elm desease getting a motor won't help. I need one P* set up get pick up birds 72-93. I need another to get 95-103 and a third to get 123. I wish they'd just park the birds on top of each other at about 93-degrees, then I'd get a motor that would just do elevation :D As far as my wife is concerned, every time she sees me hauling out the 13" tv I get the....:no

I have to get a picture of all three, currently only two are active, I have a 90CM Fortec Star on the HH (Just remounted on new pole, not sure I have the whole arc, but was getting 61W to 121W before: Motor won't make it to G10R :( but I am woking on that), an old DirectPC dish getting the German Channels on 121W for the Wifey pooh, and an 18" Dishnetwork on 119W that is from the old Dishnetwork setup. (Currently only getting 121W/International AlaCarte from Dish) Trying to scope another free DirectPC Dish for G10R, really nice/sturdy mounting setup.

Rick

sikma said:
As far as my wife is concerned, every time she sees me hauling out the 13" tv I get the....:no

I know the feeling.. But she is much happier now that I have mounted the one 90cm on a pole instead of the house.

Rick

sikma said:
D.R. you must live at the equator to have THAT much elevation. And Ice, it looks like you have a better view in all directions (se to sw) than I do, but I don't like heights! Oh, by the way, the P* dish on the left has 3 kufss on it picking up 101, 93, 83
I thought the same thing first time I saw that picture, then I realized they are on the roof, and he was standing under them to take the picture.

That's correct - I was standing under them. I'm in New Mexico so I have an elevation settings at about 47-48 for Dish and Directv - and about 30 for 148w. Don't know the others.
Plus not married so I don't have to hear no one complain - Sweet!

Go vertical

I call it my dish tree - a wee bit obsolete, but I keep the Voom dish up just to irritate the apt manager. :D

Attachments

• Nicks_dish_tree_med.jpg
    Nicks_dish_tree_med.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 258
Irritate the apt Manager! I love it -- that's why I have so many dishes on my roof it's to irritate my "think I own everything on the block" Neighbor. If I could plant a big 30 foot dish in my front yard I would.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts