Not exactly new

Zeamays

Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I had to cancel my Dish account in December after moving to a location where the signal was blocked by trees. I'm moving again to a house I just bought, and I know there is clear signal there. Am I a 'new' enough customer to take advantage of the current deals offered? Or are they going to give me hassle about fulfilling my previous contract. I seem to remember paying them off with the cancellation fee, so that shouldn't be an issue. Trying to sign up for service online didn't work, the website told me I had to call in as I have an 'inactive account'.

not necessarily. You have to be gone at least 6 months. I've been considered "new" twice with dish....at the same address :)

Otherwise go through a retailer like DishStore (sponser at top). Claude will treat you right or at least give you correct info :D

My wife has roughly the worst credit rating known to mankind, so we probably won't go down that route. Everything pretty much has to be in my name.

Since I've been gone from Dish for well over 6 months, and my account was closed in good standing, sounds like I'll be good to go. I'll check out DishStore, too. Thanks a lot!

not necessarily. You have to be gone at least 6 months. I've been considered "new" twice with dish....at the same address :)

Otherwise go through a retailer like DishStore (sponser at top). Claude will treat you right or at least give you correct info :D
Typical Dish. They would not give me new promos. Guess it depends on the CSR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)