not getting 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aviation76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
DFW, TX
Hi!

Tonight my signal from 61.5 is not coming in. I have a ViP622 receiver and 1000.2 dish. Did a check switch and shows all my other satellite locations coming in but not 61.5. Rebooted the receiver and ran check switch and still no luck. Called tech support and they had me perform the same thing. He is sending out a tech but they won't be in for another day and a half.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime that I can check out before he comes? The wife can't go another minute not watching her favorite programming:eek:

Thanks!

If all you have is a 1000.2 dish, you won't get the 61.5 no matter how hard you try. You need a wing dish (2nd dish) and a DP dual LNB aimed at the 61.5 and connected to the Input port of your Integrated LNB on the 1000.2 dish.

What he said. A 1000.2 dish will get 110°, 119° and 129°. All but a few Public Interest and international channels are the same at 129° as they are at 61.5°.

See ya
Tony

Either the 61.5 is ill-aimed or the 1000.2 lnb switch is bad.
The 61.5 coax should be connected to the fourth (far right) lnb connection.

fred

So here are the options for things wrong with 61.5°:

1) 61.5° Dish aimed improperly or blocked line-of-sight (tree or shrub grew?)
2) Bad LNB on 61.5° dish
3) Bad or loose cable or connector going from 61.5° dish to Dish 1000.2 switch.
4) Bad LNB/Switch combining Dish 1000.2 to 61.5° dish.

Good luck!

See ya
Tony

Thanks, guys, for your input. This feedback will give me a footing when the service tech comes out tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out.

Found out today that it was a loose connection. Unfortunately I do not know the precise explanation because I was not home to have him explain it to me.

Thanks all for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)