NO sat 119 am i being unreasonable?

plumfam4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh
Today I came home to discover that I can not receive sat 119 on any of my receivers. After talking to technical support I was told that I would have to have a tech come out. Pittsburgh does have a hub for dish network. I was told that the earliest appointment I could have someone out would be next Monday!!! Six days with partial service. After stewing a bit I called back and said if no one could come out sooner I would cancel. A wonderful rep talked to me even called local hub and confirmed earliest appoint next Monday!!! She did offer me some compension but that doesn’t make up for poor customer service, I have been with dish 10 1/2 years. I have top programming w/hd. I would think an out of service would be handled faster than 6 days. I have looking at direct TV I work for phone carrier where I can get 3 hd dvr and one dvr for 400.00 up front cost. I can have that installed as soon as Saturday. My question is not if I should switch but am I demanding too much customer service. Is six days too long to wait? The only way to say that customer service is bad is to walk. So am I being unreasonable in saying 6 days is too long for out of service call?

Today I came home to discover that I can not receive sat 119 on any of my receivers. After talking to technical support I was told that I would have to have a tech come out. Pittsburgh does have a hub for dish network. I was told that the earliest appointment I could have someone out would be next Monday!!! Six days with partial service. After stewing a bit I called back and said if no one could come out sooner I would cancel. A wonderful rep talked to me even called local hub and confirmed earliest appoint next Monday!!! She did offer me some compension but that doesn’t make up for poor customer service, I have been with dish 10 1/2 years. I have top programming w/hd. I would think an out of service would be handled faster than 6 days. I have looking at direct TV I work for phone carrier where I can get 3 hd dvr and one dvr for 400.00 up front cost. I can have that installed as soon as Saturday. My question is not if I should switch but am I demanding too much customer service. Is six days too long to wait? The only way to say that customer service is bad is to walk. So am I being unreasonable in saying 6 days is too long for out of service call?

I am not certain of an answer to your question, but I want to give something else to think about. You said the earliest Appointment you could get is Saturday for a new install, versus Monday for a service call. In essence, you are considering canceling service over a 2 Day Wait. Are you dissatisfied that much that 2 extra days is worth canceling???

If so, then you should cancel. If not, then you should stick with Dish. It will depend on how you feel your service overall has been, including this wait.

Just some food for thought,
Geoff

It not the two day difference it is how you are treated as a customer. I was shock that an out of service is not handled more quickly. I not saying they should be out tomorrow but I think it should be no later than three days. Also this is the second equipment failure i have had in 2 months. Last month my 61.5 lnb had to be replaced. That call was done in 3 days.

Yaah, they have a big ol hub in Pittsburgh. It's not them, it all goes by calendars, when the calendars fill up, they fill up.

How about fixing it yourself. There's more then enough wealth of information on this site and others that are more then willing to help.

Describe what kind of system you have, what recievers, dish, etc...

Yaah, they have a big ol hub in Pittsburgh. It's not them, it all goes by calendars, when the calendars fill up, they fill up.

How about fixing it yourself. There's more then enough wealth of information on this site and others that are more then willing to help.

Describe what kind of system you have, what recievers, dish, etc...

But then why did I pay for the 5.99 for equipment protection? I understand what you say but this is about customer service not the customer doing it themself.

All I can say is after you get Direct hope you never need service. In our area they will take 3 weeks for service. We switch alot of people because of that.

Maybe try having Dish see if they can get a local retailer to come out and service the system. I can't imagine what it must be like in that area if it takes 6 days for a service call to be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts