Not getting new HD channels

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
I have AT200 and should be getting some of the new HD offerings (E! HD for sure). Here is the problem, I'm an idiot. I have two dishes, but have no idea what they are or what they are pointing at. I checked under all subscription, but only the normal E! is there (I know there are other channels, but I know this one for sure).

1. How can I check what my two dishes are?

2. How can I check what they are pointing at?

3. How can I get the new HD?

I live in NE WI with a zip of 54166. Any help is appreciated, you guys are going straight to heaven for helping satellite blondes like me.

Thanks,

I have AT200 and should be getting some of the new HD offerings (E! HD for sure). Here is the problem, I'm an idiot. I have two dishes, but have no idea what they are or what they are pointing at. I checked under all subscription, but only the normal E! is there (I know there are other channels, but I know this one for sure).

1. How can I check what my two dishes are?

2. How can I check what they are pointing at?

3. How can I get the new HD?

I live in NE WI with a zip of 54166. Any help is appreciated, you guys are going straight to heaven for helping satellite blondes like me.

Thanks,

Menu 6-1-3 and read off the satellites. Then report back. :)

Green Bay is an Eastern Arc DMA, I bet you currently have one dish pointed at 110/119 and another at 61.5.

You could repoint the 61.5 to 129 but this will cause you to lose HD locals. Complete solution is for you to get a new 1000.4 dish.

repoint

Green Bay is an Eastern Arc DMA, I bet you currently have one dish pointed at 110/119 and another at 61.5.

You could repoint the 61.5 to 129 but this will cause you to lose HD locals. Complete solution is for you to get a new 1000.4 dish.

The other option is to repoint the dish that is now at 110/119 to 61.5 & 72.7 then the one that is pointing to 61.5 to 119. They will give the same sats as the 1000.4.

The other option is to repoint the dish that is now at 110/119 to 61.5 & 72.7 then the one that is pointing to 61.5 to 119. They will give the same sats as the 1000.4.

Creative. Will a 500 dish hit 61.5 & 72.7 @ the same?

Does DISH just give these out? I assume I will have to pay for it, I am already in contract so I can't extend it out.

Sorta weird that DISH would add HD, but have only certain customers receiving it.

How do I resolve this? Thanks for all the insight, btw

Does DISH just give these out? I assume I will have to pay for it, I am already in contract so I can't extend it out.

Sorta weird that DISH would add HD, but have only certain customers receiving it.

How do I resolve this? Thanks for all the insight, btw

Through a Tech Chat, I agreed to pay $15 for Service Technician visit to change my dish and its directionality. I live in Florida and the Technician installed Western Arc, because it can mounted on fascia.

Through a Tech Chat, I agreed to pay $15 for Service Technician visit to change my dish and its directionality. I live in Florida and the Technician installed Western Arc, because it can mounted on fascia.

Yeah, I live in East Central Florida and have a Tech Visit scheduled for Wednesday 02/24. I currently have two Dish 500's. One pointing to 61.5 and the other to 110 and 119. I hope he can change the second one to 110/119 and 129 using a 1000.4 Dish to pick up the western arc. It would be ALOT easier for him to switch that dish cause its lower and 129 is not obstructed. Do you think he will install it that way for me too??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts