Not Happy w/ OTA on 622

ilkhoor

Jan 31, 2006
I am a little disappointed with the OTA receiption i am getting with my new 622. I live in Michigan and can barely pick up our CBS station (WWMT). With the 622 i get a signal strength of 66-69. When i plug it in to my Toshiba TV(52hm95) w/built in tuner I get a signal strength of 77-78. It may not sound like much but its just enough to stop the pixelation. I am using a Channel Master 7777 pre-amp and a large antenna that my wife calls a terredactyl. Of course it would be nice to just use the OTA so i dont have to change from my 622 to my ANT 1 on my TV. Anyone having a similar issue with the OTA on the 622?

Just fired mine up and OTA is doing great! My signal strengths are all over 95. I'm using a Winegard HD9095-P UHF only antenna.

Several people in the HDTV forum (where this thread should be) have reported very good results from the 622 on OTA channels. Nearly all saying that it is the best Dish HD receiver yet on OTA.

Now that doesn't mean it is as good as your built-in tuner.

Two things - WWMT is on channel 2, do you have a VHF antenna? Have you tried it on other HD receivers or tuners, or just the 622? Most reports are VERY favorable of the OTA tuner in the 622.

I agree Dish has really improved it's OTA tuner.
I use a Winegard HD-9095 with the 622.

The 622 is a HUGE improvement over the 811.

Can you get any more altitude on your antenna.

What antenna are you using, perhaps stacking the antenna may help improve things

contrary to what many people are reporting here, my 622 has lower OTA reception than my 921 did. i also have a 7777, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I never had a 921, but I do have a winegard 9095 with an AP-4700 preamp,

and I have seen a HUGE improvement over the 811

I have a Terk OTA antenna (Don't remember the model) and with the 622 I received a jump in signal strength by 5 to 8 points on every channel. I am very happy with this receiver so far.

I've noticed an improvement over the 942. I'm in a bad spot for OTA. With the 942 needed 2 antennas (cm4248 and cm4228) and an a/b switch to get all my local OTA stations. With the 622 I get a decent signal most of the time off one antenna (cm4248) on all channels. I don't know if the 622 outputs dc voltage like the 942, but I hooked it up using the block anyway.

Going from the 811 to the 942 about a week ago, my OTA signal strength went from 89-92% on ever channel to 99-100% on every channel. I also like how the 942 can tune analog stations, since I have a few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)