Not just trying to get something for nothing but DISH flat out lied!

Two things would have worked in your favor. One is you should have been doing your due dilligence and had written down details of the conversation(s) you had with Dish people. Two is you should have recorded the conversations.

Now, do you feel like you should have been a bit skeptical? I other words, did this "promise" to receive a free upgrade to a $700 piece of equipment a bit too good to be true?
Yes, you can say "you trusted this CSR at their word.
Sorry. Not good enough.
UNfortunately the only thing that gets us by these days is documentation.
Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson. If it sounds too good to be true ,it probably is.

1. This is why I prefer to deal in on line chat, you can print the transcript and have a copy sent to your e-mail.
2. I haven't been on the forum all that long but was it known (projected or speculated) that the 922 was going to be so expensive last summer, if not is it reasonable for the average sub or prospective sub to have assumed it would be?
3. Regardless it is always a good idea to document document document!

Just a couple of thoughts...

Ross

PS OP joined the forum in November, I could be wrong but I don't think that there was even any discussion (at least not by those in the know), of an end user cost at that point. In my opinion, the 922, as it is being shipped, is way over priced any way. No TV 2 output (unless you purchase additional equipment to sling), need really fast broadband to sling externally from your home, browser is not functioning, and some other features that we heard about are not functioning yet either. From what I read here, if you already have sling equipment and a 722 or 722K you can watch TV anywhere that you can get on the internet. I'm not knocking it it will probably end up being a really great piece of equipment, just doesn't seem like it is quit there yet, at least not given the up front cost to have one! Again just my opinion. And oh by the way after you pay a $200 upgrade fee you still have to pay a lease fee for ever and ever. Seems to me that after the 2 year commitment is up Dish will have recouped the retail cost plus so....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts