Not just trying to get something for nothing but DISH flat out lied!

Just like Judge Judy says, If there's a written contract, any verbal agreements have no meaning - and - If it not within the four corners of a written contract, then it does not exist. The only way to have been absolutely sure to receive a 922 for free was to have it listed on the contract. Something like, Customer to receive new 922 receiver at no charge when available to other customers. Good luck.

He shouldn't have to pay anything. They told him that it would be free, and it should be. They even said they found the notation, but still can't do the deal? I would cancel my account, and not pay any fee's. Tell them you can't seem to recall any documentation.
Peacefuly here now..
You're correct in that he claims to have been told something.
However at this point, it matters what he can prove.

Just like Judge Judy says, If there's a written contract, any verbal agreements have no meaning - and - If it not within the four corners of a written contract, then it does not exist. The only way to have been absolutely sure to receive a 922 for free was to have it listed on the contract. Something like, Customer to receive new 922 receiver at no charge when available to other customers. Good luck.

Correct on all points.

When the installer left, he had you sign a contract. He then gave you a copy of the contract. If he did not write the free upgrade on the contract and you let him leave without that written on the contract. Then it is your fault. Do you even have the copy of the contract that the installer left with you. Probably not, since you have not mentioned it.

When the installer left, he had you sign a contract. He then gave you a copy of the contract. If he did not write the free upgrade on the contract and you let him leave without that written on the contract. Then it is your fault. Do you even have the copy of the contract that the installer left with you. Probably not, since you have not mentioned it.
This guy is convinced a Dish CSR or salesperson told the OP thast he would receive a free 922 upgrade when the box came out.
The OP stated he was going to cancel his account/ install if he didn't.

In my experience, Dish employees at the cust service level do not have the authoirty to give away anything. Only senior or supervisory people can accomplish that.

Because no one but the OP and the Dish CSR were the only ones on the original call, this will be just a game of "he said, she said".

I hear this all the time and a majority of the time the customer tends to hear what they wanted to hear. Example......... maybe the word "IF" was in the conversation with the op regarding the "free" upgrade. If= if it is free when it comes out.

I only say this because, again, I see and hear this all the time. It is only when we play back the recorded phone call to prove to the customer what was really said, and then the customer realizes their mistake.

If you are promised something............GET IT IN WRITING !!!

Something he did got him flagged as a whiner. He'll get nothing but forwarded to Dispute Resolution now.

And see how quickly the collections agency doesn't recall sending the letter that shredded your credit?

DIAF, troll. Yet another drive by comment. You're no help whatsoever to anyone here. The extent of your "contributions" is to insult customers and tell them how stupid they are. Get lost.

This guy is convinced a Dish CSR or salesperson told the OP thast he would receive a free 922 upgrade when the box came out.

In my experience, Dish employees at the cust service level do not have the authoirty to give away anything. Only senior or supervisory people can accomplish that.

Exactly. I would ask to be transferred to the loyalty team. Perhaps they can help him resolve the issue.

No I do not have a copy of the contract and was not even sure exactly what was added to it because my understanding with issues like this has been as long at it is correctly noted in my account it would be honored.

I did not just speak to regular customer service, I had spoken to a higher department and then I ALWAYS get everything confirmed to me by a supervisor.

I would like to add an update, I still haven't had this issue resolved but I just spoke to them yesterday about a separate issue and the agent brought up my open dispute and then told me "Yes I see here in the investigating notes from Dispute Resolution where it looks like the original person that told you you would receive it for free has since gotten into serious trouble because of this."

No I do not have a copy of the contract and was not even sure exactly what was added to it because my understanding with issues like this has been as long at it is correctly noted in my account it would be honored.

I did not just speak to regular customer service, I had spoken to a higher department and then I ALWAYS get everything confirmed to me by a supervisor.

I would like to add an update, I still haven't had this issue resolved but I just spoke to them yesterday about a separate issue and the agent brought up my open dispute and then told me "Yes I see here in the investigating notes from Dispute Resolution where it looks like the original person that told you you would receive it for free has since gotten into serious trouble because of this."

Correct. The CSR that offered you the free upgrade got into serious trouble because he or she most likely had no authroization to do so.

Correct. The CSR that offered you the free upgrade got into serious trouble because he or she most likely had no authroization to do so.

But like I said it was not just a CSR it was two different supervisors with-in the loyalty department and this was just the first time I was told this. Now I've been told every excuse from they should have not told you that because they were not even sure the upgrade price yet to no one in the company has the ability to "waive" the upgrade fee.

But like I said it was not just a CSR it was two different supervisors with-in the loyalty department and this was just the first time I was told this. Now I've been told every excuse from they should have not told you that because they were not even sure the upgrade price yet to no one in the company has the ability to "waive" the upgrade fee.

Regardless of the level of the CSR, that fact that you're not getting a free 922 upgrade is an indication that the person who you state made this promise, did not have the authority to do so.
In fact, there is a virtual zero chance you'll receive a 922 free of charge.
I base that on your statement "no one in the company has the ability to waive the upgrade fee".
Not trying to brawl with you here, but I fail to see how anyone would actually believe a compnay would make such an offer knowing this was a brand new and very expensive piece of equipment. I also fail to understand how you believe you are entitled to this upgrade when others are not.

Regardless of the level of the CSR, that fact that you're not getting a free 922 upgrade is an indication that the person who you state made this promise, did not have the authority to do so.
In fact, there is a virtual zero chance you'll receive a 922 free of charge.
I base that on your statement "no one in the company has the ability to waive the upgrade fee".
Not trying to brawl with you here, but I fail to see how anyone would actually believe a compnay would make such an offer knowing this was a brand new and very expensive piece of equipment. I also fail to understand how you believe you are entitled to this upgrade when others are not.

I would not go that far yet. If they indeed have records that they promised a free upgrade, they might have to honor it, or let him out of his contract.

I would not go that far yet. If they indeed have records that they promised a free upgrade, they might have to honor it, or let him out of his contract.

Lots of ifs....
I am thinking through this logically. I believe Dish will not offer the 922 without getting something in return. No company wants to open that can of worms.
What burns me about stuff like this is some have the gall to have exepectations that one's services will be provided without payment while everyone else must pay up.

Lots of ifs....
I am thinking through this logically. I believe Dish will not offer the 922 without getting something in return. No company wants to open that can of worms.
What burns me about stuff like this is some have the gall to have exepectations that one's services will be provided without payment while everyone else must pay up.

Its not for nothing they get the 722 exchanged back in! Its not that I think I deserve it for free why others have to pay it is that I was told that more than once, its the principal of the matter.

Its not for nothing they get the 722 exchanged back in! Its not that I think I deserve it for free why others have to pay it is that I was told that more than once, its the principal of the matter.
Well, keep us posted on your progress. I am interested to see whether or not Dish caves on this one.

Last edited:
HUGE UPDATE: I just received a phone call from someone with DISH stating they could not get in touch with any of the employees that promised me the free exchange (they all are mysteriously gone from the company) but that there was enough cause to release me from my contract without any penalty. I am now a month to month customer and weighing out my options. Thanks everyone for the help!

HUGE UPDATE: I just received a phone call from someone with DISH stating they could not get in touch with any of the employees that promised me the free exchange (they all are mysteriously gone from the company) but that there was enough cause to release me from my contract without any penalty. I am now a month to month customer and weighing out my options. Thanks everyone for the help!

Hopefully they will not "accdentally" shut off your programing.
Well, at least it's a start. No more commitment.

DIAF, troll. Yet another drive by comment. You're no help whatsoever to anyone here. The extent of your "contributions" is to insult customers and tell them how stupid they are. Get lost.

Silly rabbit, I'm not here to make everyone's lives peaches and cream. If I wanted to help, I could. But you don't feed the pigeons, especially when they keep breeding.

I pointed out an obvious flaw in the argument for not paying what you owe. The fact that you're unhappy with a service doesn't relieve you of your obligation to pay for services consumed up until that point. That fact that you don't like it really doesn't enter into the issue.

Also, be careful with making assumptions. What I've said is FACT. It's fact for several reasons, but we'll go with reliable source and utilizes common sense for the time being... If I were Charlie Ergen himself (I'd have way too much time on my hands if I'm posting here instead of getting blitzed in Lodo) I'd very much be in a position to be helpful and contribute; ...as I see fit. Just an example, grain of salt and all. Or should I say, y'all?

Here's another fact. CSR's don't narc on CSR's in account notes. Dispute Resolution are a bunch of CSRs as well, just like Executive Resolution, just like Technical Support, and just like your second-cousin removed Jeb. A CSR can lose their job for stating another CSR "got into serious trouble", so it's a simple conclusion to draw that the OP was just told what they wanted to hear. That they were wronged and justice has been served. Again, common sense. I'm willing to share if you'd like some.

Silly rabbit, I'm not here to make everyone's lives peaches and cream. If I wanted to help, I could. But you don't feed the pigeons, especially when they keep breeding.

I pointed out an obvious flaw in the argument for not paying what you owe. The fact that you're unhappy with a service doesn't relieve you of your obligation to pay for services consumed up until that point. That fact that you don't like it really doesn't enter into the issue.

Also, be careful with making assumptions. What I've said is FACT. It's fact for several reasons, but we'll go with reliable source and utilizes common sense for the time being... If I were Charlie Ergen himself (I'd have way too much time on my hands if I'm posting here instead of getting blitzed in Lodo) I'd very much be in a position to be helpful and contribute; ...as I see fit. Just an example, grain of salt and all. Or should I say, y'all?

Here's another fact. CSR's don't narc on CSR's in account notes. Dispute Resolution are a bunch of CSRs as well, just like Executive Resolution, just like Technical Support, and just like your second-cousin removed Jeb. A CSR can lose their job for stating another CSR "got into serious trouble", so it's a simple conclusion to draw that the OP was just told what they wanted to hear. That they were wronged and justice has been served. Again, common sense. I'm willing to share if you'd like some.

Some people...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)