Not picking up all 119 sat. stations

Gasman_66

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
So. Il.
Hello all, first timer here.
This is my mothers probs, she has a super dish, 3 lnbs on it. I`m not sure what model of reciever box yet(she`ll call back perty soon) but I DO know its at least 5 yrs. old. She IS getting some of the 119 sat channels like CNN does come in & I know from our dish, its on 119. After dinner yesterday, I went to checking which channels were out & it seemed that the 119 channels that were on either transponder 2 or 8 were her troubled spots. Just wondered if any of you folks would have an idea what the problem is?!? Thank you all in advance for looking & any ideas!

Gasman

Have more info....echostar mdl. 3800 reg. id 005. Transponders getting NO signal: 1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 12 14 16 18 & 20 on the 119 sat.
"Thinking" maybe a cap in the box blew, just wondering if anyone else has had the problem or know the fix. Thanx

I'd sign up for the DHPP insurance program for $6 and get a $29 service call if the CSR cannot fix over the phone. You can drop DHPP afterwards. I think 1,3,5,7,9 are spot beam transponders. The others should be ConUS. It could be the antenna out of alignment or the receiver or maybe even a cable. If you're not nearby to do some troubleshooting, you might as well get a service call to get the problem fixed.

TP 1,3,5,7,9 are spotbeams as noted but notice something that really doesnt go together?

a 3800 receiver which is LEGACY
a superdish which is DISHPRO

so unless there is a DishPro adapter setup the horizontals wont come in....best thing to do is get the DHPP and hopefully they send out a remanufactured 301/311 which is better and will work just fine

Thanks all for your replies! Mom`s got the Dish guy/gal coming on Friday, I was just trying to get it fixed at a cheaper price(my time...lol) then a service call. Let ya`all know what the prob was...could come in handy for some1 else next time. Thanx again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts