Not receiving Ohio State-Penn State gome on ESPN2-SD

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
ESPN2 HD is showing the Ga Tech game, but ESPN2-SD should have the Ohio State game.

DISH has a slate on ESPN2-SD, saying "Not Available in your area". This is BS! The map on the ESPN site shows it should be available. What the hell is wrong with DISH?

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=coveragemaps2009"]College Football TV maps: Week 13 - College Football - ESPN[/ame]

EDIT- Neighbor with Comcast confirms that Ga Tech on EPSN2-HD and Ohio State on ESPN2-SD.......DISH! :rant:

PS - I still don't get why an ACC game is on HD and not a Big 10 game with 2 ranked teams.

Try ABC. Espn doesn't split feeds for SD and HD. The listing for Espn2 shows OS/PS or WF/GT.

S~

ABC here is showing OK State-Iowa State. :mad:

And yes, they are splitting SD and HD. It's news to me too, but sure enough they are. (see the map link above)

Comcast has two different games on ESPN2 SD and HD.

you should be getting both 144 and 146 if your local ABC has OK ST/IA ST

I have 146 blacked out but it on my local ABC and 144 is available, then I put OK ST/IA ST ON ESPN360.COM

Just for reference. I am not getting 144-SD. This is what I have..

Local ABC - OK State
144-HD - GA Tech
144-SD - blacked out
146-SD - Ohio State

Is the Ohio State game in HD on your local ABC?

Here in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA area, it is only on ABC (16) and even though we get our locals in HD, we can't watch it in HD because the HD locals STILL do not work. (never did, and dish won't fix their spot beams) And guess what? ABC in SD is WORSE then regular SD. Dropped frames, heavily compressed picture, etc. - I'd say its about one step above color TV, but definitely not good enough to be called STANDARD definition let alone HIGH definition. What a shame Dish!

More info:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ocals-wilkes-barre-scranton-pa-timeframe.html

I live in the Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA DMA right in between the campuses of UVA and VA Tech. So, we are usually always defaulted to an ACC matchup on ABC. That's the way it was this Saturday...ACC matchup was on local ABC affiliate. ESPN2 had listed in my guide something like "Wake Forest vs. Georgia Tech or Penn St. vs. Ohio State". Usually when it says that, the ACC game is aired on ABC and we receive the other game on ESPN...not this weekend tho. The Penn St./Ohio St. game was also blacked out. Picked it up on ESPN2A but it was in SD....been a long time since I've watched a sporting event in SD and I was reminded why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)