Not to be greedy, but

I would believe we will be seeing the following:

Nickelodeon HD
VH1 HD
MTV HD
MOJO HD
AMC HD
IFC HD

What makes you think so? Or, is this just a guess on your part? I would be shocked if AMC-HD is on the horizon. It's distributed by Rainbow Media ... who also owns Voom. Obviously not on Dish's best friends list right now.

I would be shocked if AMC-HD is on the horizon. It's distributed by Rainbow Media ... who also owns Voom. Obviously not on Dish's best friends list right now.
They can huff and puff and be hissy, but in the end, any commercial driven channel will settle with a provider of 13 million viewers.

Now that regular Encore is in HD, I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the Encore suite, Westerns, Sci-Fi, etc....I miss the Westerns channel since moving to all HD.

AMC aparently went downhill since a few years ago.

They went downhill quite a while ago, and now offer substandard presentations of movies. And as I understand it, all you'll get with their HD channel is originally programming—you might see a pan-and-scanned movie cropped to 4x3 and stretched back to widescreen. Appalling.

Mad Men does have quite a few fans, though. Personally, I grew incredulous over an absurd plot development in episode five and quit watching, but it does have its share of admirers.

Dish better offer TCM HD the moment it launches, though.

I actually get AMC HD in the clear with my cable internet and they do a good job with movies in HD. They do stretch stuff, but I watched Clear and Present Danger and Patriot Games and Terminator 2 all in OAR HD a couple of months ago.