Note from RCA on Dish Network TV's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Who's to say it will be cheaper? With the initial pricing of $1500 on the 40 inch widescreen, that was no deal for the customer. I'm sure the have lowered the price since then on that.

Oh well, we'll see what happens with it I guess. Still think dish just doesn't have a brain with this one.

Well, I don't like the deal either and I would avoid it further than DHP. But I don't see it as a rip off. A hook? Sure, as long as you know up front.

And don't dismiss that the TV is part of a package that includes the $399 811 & SuperDish. So its really like $1100 for a 40" HDTV.

marko said:
Cyclone said:
If they don't Spell it out Clearly! Hell, the damn TV has a big damn DishNetwork Logo right on the front of it.

That does help, but still doesn't make it right. I honestly think this is one of the worse ideas I've ever heard. How long can you use a TV? A long time. So many things can happen in that time. Imagine 8 years from now if dish network comes out with a new dish, and the 811 is not supported with that new dish. Your telling me a new receiver that works with the new dish is going to have to seamlessly work with this old RCA tv? Or is dish going to have to tell the customer, sorry, tough luck, your tv officially can only do SD now, no xbox games, no progressive scan dvd (or HD dvd) will work with it anymore.

This is just one of many scenarios. Dish has to have built a way to get around this limitation, otherwise there will be problems in the future.
Yeah, I found out that if I bought the 921, I can't use it on Voom or D*!! WHAT A RIP-OFF!!! :D

This is no different than from today. What, do you expect your dishnetwork receiver to pickup Voom, or DirectTV? Why should your EchoStar TV work with anything else?

sampatterson said:
This is no different than from today. What, do you expect your dishnetwork receiver to pickup Voom, or DirectTV?
Actually yes, if it did that would increase competition.
Why should your EchoStar TV work with anything else?
Because it is a TV.

Cyclone said:
If they don't Spell it out Clearly! Hell, the damn TV has a big damn DishNetwork Logo right on the front of it.

My TV says Hitachi on it, but I expect to to display whatever I send it.

Oyving said:
Yeah, I found out that if I bought the 921, I can't use it on Voom or D*!! WHAT A RIP-OFF!!! :D

Uh, what's this have to do with anything I stated? I wasn't talking about receivers, I was talking about a tv, a device(until this echostar tv) that is made to work with any source you plug into it. Any receiver I've ever seen is only designed to work with 1 type of system, so that is normal.

The problem I have is that dish had to take the extra step and build in a security model for this setup to work, it was not because of some limitation of the tv. Dish could easily handle this problem the way they handle any other special offers they have(sign up for a certain commitment, then charge a fee if they break that commitment).

What dish really should of done is come up with some deal with sears or something, where when you buy an 811/superdish and commit to a certain package, then you get a rebate for $200 on certain hdtvs from sears for example. That way they let sears do what they do best, ship/deliver handle warranties on tvs, and dish does what they do best, install satellite equipment.

I don't know, what seems obvious to me I guess is not obvious to other people.

Most of the DirecTV HDTV receivers that do OTA ATSC reception work fine w/o DTV sub or sat hookup (though the firmware upgrades typ only come via sat ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts