NOTICE: AZBox update firmware release. Version 0.9.5306 available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Version 0.9.5306 is now available from most sources.

Be sure to check the final download file size before use. File size should be ~45.3 MB.

? fixed the multi-language epg ( main audio language sets default epg language )

? improved streaming

? improved timeshift

? improved recordings

I recommend that you power down and disconnect all your HDDs prior to installation. Reconnect them when update is finished.

RADAR

I noticed nice formatting arrows in your post, but couldn't figure out, where they come from... Can't find them in posts formatting toolbox. :)

Installed it a while ago, seems to work ok recording the high data rate feeds. Was having trouble with 5035 for some reason.
Lots of updates lately the software people are keeping busy at AzBox!
-C.

Installed it a while ago, seems to work ok recording the high data rate feeds. Was having trouble with 5035 for some reason.
Lots of updates lately the software people are keeping busy at AzBox!
-C.

No difference in the high bitrate feed recordings.
0.9.5305 you were able to record some more channels then previously but 0.9.5306 is the same as 5305 in that department.
Still can not record the ABC & CBS high bitrate feeds nor Huskervision as those are still choppy with lots of tiling and video breakups.

Channels appear to come in quicker than before comparing two azbox's side by side using 5305 & 5306 FW.

Appears OpenSat is working on some editing features, ie... if you have a channel named in the receiver by remote or editor a new scan will not overwrite them all the time. You end up with two of them in your channel list but under the advanced scan menu only one appears. Weird, and a bit sloppy it seems, but it must be something they are working on since FW 0.9.5020. This is if you edited a channel or renamed it where this occurs.

Have not seen anything in the descriptive update that is different from the previous version 5305. There are some other subtle differences between the two firmware updates just not what they said in their description for the update reason.

I noticed nice formatting arrows in your post, but couldn't figure out, where they come from... Can't find them in posts formatting toolbox. :)

Zamar,

Simple trick there... press the ALT key (HOLD IT) and then press the digits 1 and then 6 and you get the special character "?".

ALT + 248 gives you the degree symbol: ° (handy here).

Play around with the ALT key and combinations of numeric keys for all sorts of fun characters.

? ? ? ? ? ? • ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ¶ § ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

RADAR

Version 0.9.5306 is now available from most sources.

Be sure to check the final download file size before use. File size should be ~45.3 MB.

? fixed the multi-language epg ( main audio language sets default epg language )

? improved streaming

? improved timeshift

? improved recordings

I recommend that you power down and disconnect all your HDDs prior to installation. Reconnect them when update is finished.

RADAR

What's the reason for disconnecting the HDD? What happens if someone doesn't disconnect the HDD?

What's the reason for disconnecting the HDD? What happens if someone doesn't disconnect the HDD?

Johnnynobody,

I recommend this personally as a general safety tip. It is just if anything would go wrong during the firmware installation, you won't damage your HDD or lose / corrupt all your data.

I have approximately 220 movies on my HDD so far and I certainly do not want to lose all those programs. This is just a good tip if you are like me and have lots of data saved to your HDD.
If you just have a few programs and you generally erase them eventually, then it really doesn't matter that much.

RADAR

Johnnynobody,

I recommend this personally as a general safety tip. It is just if anything would go wrong during the firmware installation, you won't damage your HDD or lose / corrupt all your data.

I have approximately 220 movies on my HDD so far and I certainly do not want to lose all those programs. This is just a good tip if you are like me and have lots of data saved to your HDD.
If you just have a few programs and you generally erase them eventually, then it really doesn't matter that much.

RADAR

OK. Alternatively, you could backup the HDD with ftp, sftp, rsync, or whatever to another HDD. There are some commercial outfits that'll do an offsite backup, also, but it's probably a Windows application.

Did they fix the DiSEQC issue? My receiver + Vbox won't keep a satellite position accurate. Each time i have to bang a little west or a little east to get the sweet spot. For a long time I thought my dish was moving but reading from folks here, it is a known issue with Azbox and Diseqc.

Did they fix the DiSEQC issue? My receiver + Vbox won't keep a satellite position accurate. Each time i have to bang a little west or a little east to get the sweet spot. For a long time I thought my dish was moving but reading from folks here, it is a known issue with Azbox and Diseqc.

I wish they would fix that bug too, as I have the same issue... always a few clicks off..

Sanjap and Scott,

I started a new thread for the discussion of this problem. Please add your comments and observations to that thread and let's see if we can find some answers and solutions.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)