Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On Thursday Night (sometime after 8PM ET) I will be taking the site down and doing a software upgrade to our forum software.

This update is supposed to fix a number of the bugs that exist in our current software (they claim over 400 bugs are fixed... what all those bugs are I don't know.)

In addition besides fixing bugs the software upgrade will allow us to move over to a new Arcade system, with this new Arcade system not will all of our exisiting games continue to work, but also will give us access to a few thousand other new games. Our Arcade is important to us as it gives all of us a break as we know we can't all talk tech all the time. :) The arcade update will happen sometime shortly in the future but the first step is the forum software update which is needed.

I hope that the update will take about a half hour. I did the upgrade tonight on our test site and all went well. :)

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Just a reminder... server work tonight. :)

I am excited about the upgrade as I have a few things planned. :D

Is the forum changed forever?

Just a reminder... server work tonight. :)

I am excited about the upgrade as I have a few things planned. :D

I can't figure out to fix things, the forum comes out in a text format--can barely find anything, nor read it! The background is white, nothing is formatted like it was. I have the latest Firefox but something is seriously wrong with it, or the site. If anybody can email me or PM me on how to fix things, I'd appreciate it, I can find PMs , and email. Thanks Turbo-confused

It may be a long not for Scott. In addition to tigerprowler's comment about the "Forums" menu taking the viewer back to the Home Page, it also appears that the Smileys are broken. http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/smilies/smile.png shows a broken/missing image icon and trying to bring it up by itself returns "Page not found"

Scott Greczkowski said:
On Thursday Night (sometime after 8PM ET) I will be taking the site down and doing a software upgrade to our forum software.

This update is supposed to fix a number of the bugs that exist in our current software (they claim over 400 bugs are fixed... what all those bugs are I don't know.)

In addition besides fixing bugs the software upgrade will allow us to move over to a new Arcade system, with this new Arcade system not will all of our exisiting games continue to work, but also will give us access to a few thousand other new games. Our Arcade is important to us as it gives all of us a break as we know we can't all talk tech all the time. :) The arcade update will happen sometime shortly in the future but the first step is the forum software update which is needed.

I hope that the update will take about a half hour. I did the upgrade tonight on our test site and all went well. :)

Thanks for your understanding and support.

I wish you had not update this site a lot of things are broken. First do away with the mobile site it is worthless and I do not like the idea that I can not choose not to view the site in mobile form from my iPad. This site is now iPad unfriendly.

What happen to the reply button I now have to use a quote in order to reply not right. Please downgrade to the way it was before this site worked better that way.

i cannot get in normally it says server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
i got in thru facebook to post this.

Looks like the issue with the index.php is fixed. :)

Turns out the old index.php file was not overwritten with the new one which was causing the issue.

DOH! :)

After the server work, clicking any of the "Forum" links takes me to the homepage. Just FYI. :)
i was about to say the same except in this case its just the forum link at the top of the page. i see some changes i like scott.

Some of the stuff that was broken in the last version of the software (that I coded around to fix) are now fix which in turn have broken my fixes. So I am now working on it. :)

Some smileys still broken. :rolleyes:
I also have had a couple of replies disappear. I think I was doing quick reply with quote.

Edit: Hmmm, they worked now, but not 5 minutes ago over in the Pub.

For the Smilies the new software comes with .png files instread of .gif files. It changed all the smilies to .png when I am still using the .gif (I like the old Smilies better) :)

Since yesterday afternoon all files have been served by the SatelliteGuys Servers and not by the CLOUD CDN servers.

Has this made things faster, slower or about the same?

Thanks! :)

The "Quick Links :: My Posts" at the top of the page is still broken (it does the same search as "Quick Links :: My Threads"). Am I the only one who uses this feature?

The reply links still look funny, but they work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)