Noticed some weird happenings with Hopper 3 and Wireless Joey

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
Just recently I have noticed some strange behavior on one of our wireless Joeys that is connected to the Hopper 3. I see brief flashes of what I assume are error popup boxes, but they flash way too fast to read then disappear. I have noticed this in the last week or so, and I have seen it about 3 or 4 times. I have never been fast enough to read the box before it disappears.

I have also noticed that sometimes the WJ freezes and skips to live tv, but it has not been paused and is already on live tv. I have seen it before when watching paused tv and fast forwarding through commercials but never just sitting there watching a show live. I have noticed this behavior just in the last week as well. Wasn't sure if there was a problematic update or something. Never seen it before on live tv.

Just recently I have noticed some strange behavior on one of our wireless Joeys that is connected to the Hopper 3. I see brief flashes of what I assume are error popup boxes, but they flash way too fast to read then disappear. I have noticed this in the last week or so, and I have seen it about 3 or 4 times. I have never been fast enough to read the box before it disappears.

I have also noticed that sometimes the WJ freezes and skips to live tv, but it has not been paused and is already on live tv. I have seen it before when watching paused tv and fast forwarding through commercials but never just sitting there watching a show live. I have noticed this behavior just in the last week as well. Wasn't sure if there was a problematic update or something. Never seen it before on live tv.
Sounds like it's not getting a good connection to the WAP. Are either the Joey or The WAP in closed in places? Or are they pretty far apart?

WAP is out in the open on first floor sitting on top of a shelving unit. Wireless Joey in question is on the floor in second floor master bedroom next to the TV stand. If you were to draw a line directly between them they are about 20 feet apart. Signal strength on the Joey is about 60ish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts