Novice Dish 6000 Installation Question

hometownhockeyfan

Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Hi there. My current system is a Dish 500 Twin system with 508 and 501 receivers. I also have a Zenith OTA HD tuner that I have really enjoyed. :)

I'm getting impatient waiting for DISH HD and I am considering the 6000, 811 or 921.

My question is, if I purchase the 6000 now, what changes would I need to make to my existing system. I'm assuming that I need to add another dish since the Superdish is not yet available, but I cannot find documentation to support this.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Thanks...David

You can get the new hd package with your 500 right now, but will only get espnhd, hdnet and hdmovies. Shohd, hbohd and cbshd if you qualified are still at the 61 and 148 sats. You would need additional switch to use all 3 recievers or dishpro lnbs. If you cant wait for the superdish that is.

Thanks

Thanks...I was not sure if I could use the 6000 for HD channels on my existing Dish 500...I appreciate your clarification. I may end up replacing my 501 with a 6000 or 811 which would then let me use my current switch configuration.

I really like the specs on the 921...but, I don't think I am quite ready to spend the $$$ and deal with the early bugs. I have one of the original 501s and have had to live with a lot of it's quirks. :)

Thanks...David

I believe if you take the option to let them install the 6000, they will include all the switches and upgrades you need to keep all your equipment. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)