Novice Installer with Dish VIP612 setup

hknow2

Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Savannah, GA
I recently moved to a new location and setup my own Dish Network 1000.2 with VIP612. I already have Comcast cable ran into the home to an home access panel. I found where a DirectTV installer left (2) Perfect Vision PVDP3 diplexers in my attic. I ran one coax from Sat 1 connection from LNB and Comcast service feed to one of the Perfect Vision PVDP3 diplexers outside. That ran through one coax into my access panel and feeds to all outlets of the home. I then installed the other Perfect Vision PVDP3 diplexer from the cable feed behind the TV, ran from SAT Out to the DVR VIP612 and the Cable Out to the splitter to TV and other Cable DVR. I did not receive any signal from the Dish. When I connect the VIP612 direct to Dish I get 50 + signal on 129, 79+ signal on 119 and 75+ signal on 110.

I believe maybe I am using the wrong diplexer, but not sure. My VIP612 is dual tuner, so after the SAT out from diplexer I need a splitter that will work with my VIP612. Also my receiver requires the inline power. Not sure where to hook all of this up, it has been a minute since it was installed at my last house and I don't want the trouble of dish network coming out and fixing.

Can anyone suggest step by step, and part by part how to run this setup for successful couch laying Satellite watching!! Thanks.

So you are saying since it runs to an access panel and it split throughout the house it will not work? I will have to use the direct coax to the TV wall to get signal? Is there anyway around this? I saw another directtv device in the attic that was previously hooked up with the part #SWS4WB. Had two red ports and three white ports.

My goal here is to be able to watch cable tv sometime and dish network other times using the single coax already installed. Is this gonna be possible?

Yes, but you need to keep your diplexed line together.

Instead of running itinto the access panel, connect it directly to the line going behind your tv.

Okay the system works with all of your advice. I just ignored the fact I had it split the access box. Thanks for your help. Luckily the home builder ran 2 cable service cables as an extra, so no I can bypass the splitter and still have cable in other room without having to run a new one.

Glad you got it going. You could have used a splitter for the cable (1 to diplexer, 1 to home distro), but it is better with the extra line. Less splits = better picture.

Okay, I thought that I got it going, but i still had problems with the signal cutting out. So I checked all of my connections and made sure all was good and secure. I found that disconnecting a splitter into the 2 sat inputs after the diplexer was causing the problem. So what I have is diplexer outside directly to the diplexer inside, split with Local cable and Dish 1000. The problem is I need to know what I can do after the diplexer to split the Sat signal so I can use my dual tuner feature. It is currently working properly with just one input, but no dual tuner use.

Okay, I thought that I got it going, but i still had problems with the signal cutting out. So I checked all of my connections and made sure all was good and secure. I found that disconnecting a splitter into the 2 sat inputs after the diplexer was causing the problem. So what I have is diplexer outside directly to the diplexer inside, split with Local cable and Dish 1000. The problem is I need to know what I can do after the diplexer to split the Sat signal so I can use my dual tuner feature. It is currently working properly with just one input, but no dual tuner use.

You need a Dish Pro Seperator. Not a splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)