Now have HD video on demand on the 722

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I did a check last night on my DISH Video on Demand recordings on my 722 and I noticed that I had 3 movies in HD Listed for the first time . I also noticed that DISH is charging $6.99 for each hd movie. Now I won't be watching any pre recorded movies on demand for $6.99 ,when I could record it myself for $4.99 in hd off of the guide. So it looks like DISH made good on their promise to offer hd movies on the 722, but they are of course charging out the butt for them. So this is another feature I won't be using. They keep making NEtflix and Blockbuster look better and better.

By the way the three movies listed in hd were;

3:10 to Yuma
Saw4
The Game Plan

Yeah I saw the other night they had Game Plan in HD. But for $6.99 I will never buy an on demand HD movie.

No kidding just go rent it on Blu Ray at Blockbuster for $2.99! They are getting enough of my money.

No kidding just go rent it on Blu Ray at Blockbuster for $2.99! They are getting enough of my money.

So at the store you can rent a blue ray for just 2.99? THis sounds to good to be true. I will have to restart my old membership I had in the 90s. I could always go by there on my way to fill up for gas once a week. I just can't see buying a blue ray dvd everytime I want to see a movie in hd for 29.99-34.99 a pop, but to rent them sounds much cheaper, especially at 2.99.

So at the store you can rent a blue ray for just 2.99? THis sounds to good to be true. I will have to restart my old membership I had in the 90s. I could always go by there on my way to fill up for gas once a week. I just can't see buying a blue ray dvd everytime I want to see a movie in hd for 29.99-34.99 a pop, but to rent them sounds much cheaper, especially at 2.99.

Real prices are more like $20-28. Some titles are even less.

Must be the selection is poor in my area. I haven't seen to many cheap blu ray movies unless they are really old movies . AT Walmart and Best Buy I have seen the blu ray movies at about 24.99 for cheap going upto 34.99. If Bul Ray is to replace the dvd they need to get the price down to around 20.00 or they won't sell many ,especially in these recessionary times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts