Now Kevin Durrant is IN negociations to play in Turkey

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
...WOW... Add that Wade stated over the weekend that he "is gonna play basketball this fall whether it is NBA or not"...things are getting interesting before they should.

Updated: August 10, 2011, 1:58 AM ET

Agent: Kevin Durant in negotiations

By Marc Stein ESPN.com

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant is in the early stages of contract negotiations with the same Turkish team that has signed Deron Williams and has been pursuing Kobe Bryant, according to Durant's agent.

Agent Aaron Goodwin told ESPN.com on Tuesday night that he has met with officials from Turkish club Besiktas and has likewise begun exploring opportunities for Durant in Spain and Russia. Goodwin added that playing in China is not something Durant is considering at this time.

"The Turkish option is very intriguing," Goodwin said. "We're looking at other countries as well. Kevin hasn't agreed to play anywhere yet, but we're looking for the best fit."

The Turkish newspaper VATAN has reported that Besiktas, if ultimately rejected by Bryant after weeks of trying to get the Los Angeles Lakers' star swingman to commit to join New Jersey's Williams at the Istanbul club, would then shift its focus to trying to sign Durant to play with Williams in the event of an extended lockout.

Goodwin said that another one of his clients, Atlanta Hawks guard Jamal Crawford, has also attracted interest from teams in Turkey.

"The Turkish teams," Goodwin said, "have been real aggressive."

Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant in early stages of contract negotiations with Turkish team, agent says - ESPN

Personally,I'd stay as far away from Turkey as possible. If you want to know my reasons,we'd have to take it to Sonicbabble.

Yeah, you may have your reasons, but don't you think a world known athlete will get treated alot better or have a better experience than you did?

Wow, maybe they will all go. LOL!

I thought it was a ploy to get to the owners(which to a certain extent, I do), but when I saw Durrant play in those Rucker Parker tournaments where the organization is more street ball and less NBA(in other words, no autopsy...no foul....), I can see ALOT of big names going. At least in Europe, it is more structured than street ball. IF Durrant is willing to take the risk in streetball, who is to say others won't take a risk in European leagues?!

Yeah, you may have your reasons, but don't you think a world known athlete will get treated alot better or have a better experience than you did?

A lot of my opinion has to do with politics & the current political wind in Turkey(which is why I said what I did about Sonicbabble). I would love to visit Turkey & I have found Turkish people to be very friendly & helpful.

A lot of my opinion has to do with politics & the current political wind in Turkey(which is why I said what I did about Sonicbabble). I would love to visit Turkey & I have found Turkish people to be very friendly & helpful.

OK...there was a player that stated it was not as cracked up at people think, but he was not ANYWHERE near the caliber of a Durrant or Deron Williams....it maybe different.

OK...there was a player that stated it was not as cracked up at people think, but he was not ANYWHERE near the caliber of a Durrant or Deron Williams....it maybe different.

Istanbul is supposed to be a very beautiful city.The beaches in Turkey are very nice. It's probably no more run down than Greece,Italy,Portugal,or Spain. Even though its constitution proclaims it a secular nation,you have to respect the fact it is a Muslim nation. I just see a lot of potential turmoil coming to that nation in the near future. It's not a 3rd world back water nation,it is a modern nation. like I said before,the Turkish people are very friendly people. If I say anymore.....well,let's just take it to Sonic Babble.

Istanbul is supposed to be a very beautiful city.The beaches in Turkey are very nice. It's probably no more run down than Greece,Italy,Portugal,or Spain. Even though its constitution proclaims it a secular nation,you have to respect the fact it is a Muslim nation. I just see a lot of potential turmoil coming to that nation in the near future. It's not a 3rd world back water nation,it is a modern nation. like I said before,the Turkish people are very friendly people. If I say anymore.....well,let's just take it to Sonic Babble.

Some European soccer teams have had problems when they travel to Istanbul for their championship league matches. Let's just say even people in Philadelphia will say Istanbul is a rough sports crowd.

Doubtful Instanbul peeps have the same passion for basketball as they have for soccer, however.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)