Now that HBO-HD & Max-HD are added & Lease Plan option in place, would you join VOOM?

New Install

I am now scheduled for install next Friday. I leased two receivers for $9.50 for each receiver and a $5.00 mirror fee for the second receiver. The price for programming has apparently dropped as well. The price for all channels is now $79.99. This is a great deal for two HDTV receivers.

It looks like NONE of the Scripps Networks are currently available on Voom. Once a deal is struck, that will fill a MAJOR void. Food Network, HGTV, DIY, and Fine Living would be great additions to Voom.

I would still have to say no... The regular channels I watch are still not present, and it is too expensive a service to add on to Dishnetwork. Now if the base $40 had the channels I watch regularly, I would consider it since it would be less than I pay for Dish and has HD. Even if they did not want to put in the base package and had a $50 package that included the more popular cable channels I would consider it.

After 3-31-04 the base package price raises to $49.90.

Good question, right now as it stands I have to pay DISH Network the following:

34.99 - AT120
9.99 - HD Pack
$10 - Additional Receivers

Thats $54.99 for their service and I would need to keep AT120 for the music channels, since their Sirius Agreement coming in the future is ultra attractive for me.

Now add on the charges VOOM wants me to pay for their base package.

$44.99 - Base
$9.95 - Lease Fee

That's about $110 a month for Television. In a perfect world, they would have offered this when I was shopping for a DBS provider and I wouldnt have to worry about DISH Network. Since I signed up with DISH and got their free promotion with some extra receivers I am stuck with them for a few years.

There is some talk of DISH selling VOOM HD content, which I may just have to wait out. The Extra $50 a month just isn't cheap enough for me to be willing to pay.

Bill

Ok I lied. I decided to do it anyway. The base was $39.99 locked until the end of 2004 + 9.50 for the rental of their equipment. I went with their base VOOM package and I will add on Starz and remove Starz from my DISH Network sub.

Thanks for the info guys! Install Date is 3/1/2004.

Bill

I'm sure I could find it somewhere....but what are the standard HD channels offered on VOOM? I can figure out what the PlusPaks have to offer, but I want to know what the standard HD channels are. I'm currently a E* HD subscriber, and am thinking about running both satellite networks for the time being, or until my commitment runs out on my E* Dish6000 deal AT50 for a year.

Having it installed March 3. If quality isnt good I like the fact the I can cancel without being locked into it for a year. Now I just hope I can get the networks. Dont think I will get CBS as they are broadcasting extremely low power. Fox is supposed to sign on March 1st and NBC April 1st.

No, because they don't have a DVR yet. No, because of the Wife Acceptance Factor. She doesn't want to have to switch receivers to watch shows on a different service. She wants one guide, one receiver.

Not if they are raising the price. Isn't that just like a cable company? I'd get them and stay at $39, but $49 put's it out of the park. All I want is HD and I know that 3/4 of the price is to pay for crap I won't watch. When will these providers ever learn?

I signed up for install 3-4-04, and will drop E* back to basic. Anyone want to buy a Dish 6000!!!!!!

boatman said:
I signed up for install 3-4-04, and will drop E* back to basic. Anyone want to buy a Dish 6000!!!!!!

If you are serious about it, you will get lots of money for it on Ebay... See our advertising forum...

I was just half joking about selling the 6000. If Voom works out like I hope, then yes I will sell it. I will follow the guidelines of this forum if I do sell. I didn't mean to step out of line.

boatman said:
I was just half joking about selling the 6000. If Voom works out like I hope, then yes I will sell it. I will follow the guidelines of this forum if I do sell. I didn't mean to step out of line.

No that was not my intention either, I was just giving you an innocent advise. :) no harm done, did not think you were out of line in anyway. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)