Now that the NHL is done on NBCSN

smakovits

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
OK, so for the summer it is time to downgrade my service, but when I went to do it I got confused. Dish 200 and Dish gold are both 59.99, so what is the difference?

I think you are comparing two different levels. Dish Gold I believe is comparable to Dish Top250, so Dish Gold is $10 less. Dish Gold is all HD, none of the SD only channels, so Top250 has more channels. If it makes you feel better, you are by far not the only one confused by those packages. :)

so just so I understand, dish gold would not have ESPN U for instances or all the disney channels for my kid that are SD only. For comparison sake top200 is definitely what I am comparing to at the 59.99 price point. Top 250 is 69.99 when I look and hence why I am downgrading as I only had it for NBC sports, now I want to go down a level and there are 2. Their normal comparison tool does not show the Dish gold package

Their comparison tool sucks. Your right about ESPN-U and the disney channels not being in Dish Gold. If you need those channels, just go with Dish top 200.

For comparison sake top200 is definitely what I am comparing to at the 59.99 price point.
Yes, that I do understand, but they are not at the same level. TOP 200 is Dish Silver comparable, not Dish Gold. The reason you are seeing $59 for both Top200 and Dish Gold is because Dish gold is a higher package, differently constructed (No SD) but still a higher package. So all the "Metal" packages cost less than the Top packages when compared package to package.

You need a Top package to receive SD only channels. So for example, for ESPN with the "Metal" package you would get ESPN and ESPN2 only.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. I see it now. If I want Nickelodeon and disney SD, then I need dish 200... Not that I watch it all too often but it looks like Paladia is on Dish Gold and not 200 and things like that? Is this true still if I have HD everything?

I thought the DIRT members said that Palladia was going to be added to AT120 and above again.

Now that the NHL is done on NBCSN
When this happens every year I downgrade to Dish Silver. I've compared and Dish Silver is fine for ME until hockey starts again and NBCSN start broadcasting the Red Wings often, then I go back to Dish Gold. I also subscribe to NHLCI.

You might want nbcsn if you like the summer olympic games this summer
I'm not really interested in the Olympic games, but if I was interested I would go to Dish Gold before AT250.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)