Now this is interesting...

I really dont see what the big deal is if any company is keeping track of what I watch. Unless any of the providers start showing illegal programming then nobody has anything to worry about as what is on the digital waves now is legal.

I find it interesting that the advertiser only pays for the number of people who actually viewed the ad. Does this mean if you use the 30 second skip button on your DVR that the sponsor does not pay since you didnt actually see the ad?

This could work both ways. If I see a particularly noteworthy commercial, it will get watched multiple times.

If they track mine , They will say "he sure does watch a hell of a lot of hd".:)

You could make any sense of that blog between his sentence fragments and his marketroid jargon?

News Flash for TV Advertisers...
You can save your effort tracking this viewer. I have only watched around a half dozen TV ads in the last decade and hope to cut that number dramatically in the next decade :eek:

BTW I only watched those ads because i couldn't find the remote. I almost never watch live TV. But when I do, I push the pause button as soon as the adverts begin, go do something for a few minutes, hit play when I get back then press the 30 second skip until something resembling programing appears on the screen. So you have a few milliseconds/decade to get your message across to me. Use your time effectively :)

Talon Dancer

OOPS. I hope my Dish bill didn't just go up again :(

News Flash for TV Advertisers...
You can save your effort tracking this viewer. I have only watched around a half dozen TV ads in the last decade and hope to cut that number dramatically in the next decade :eek:

BTW I only watched those ads because i couldn't find the remote. I almost never watch live TV. But when I do, I push the pause button as soon as the adverts begin, go do something for a few minutes, hit play when I get back then press the 30 second skip until something resembling programing appears on the screen. So you have a few milliseconds/decade to get your message across to me. Use your time effectively :)

Talon Dancer

OOPS. I hope my Dish bill didn't just go up again :)
I am like you, but my wife actually likes hearing the commercials play and gets up and goes a few chores around the house. She will then replay commercials with dogs, children, jewelry and whatever catches her attention. It's time like these when I wish the DVR had never been invented.:(

Anyway, I think programmers need to get a lot more creative and interactive with their advertisements.

When I go to someone else's house and they start asking me "have you seen the commercial about ........." and I tell them that I rarely watch commercials and have not seen most of these because I am so used to skipping them with my digital video recorder.

That seems pretty tame for E*. When I upgraded to HD, the installer must have slipped me something because I woke up in a tub full of ice and was missing a kidney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)