Np FX or Speed HD

tjssixx

Original poster
May 8, 2009
Trinity, NC
I received the email from Dish about the new HD channels, but I do not have FX or Speed in HD. I have the others FTV, Logo, and MavTV for what good they are. I have Gold HD and America's Everything Pack, should I not see FX and Speed in HD. I've already been on the phone with Dish and they didn't even know that FX and Speed were available in HD. I'm pointed at 119, 110 and 61.5.

I turned on Speed and to my amazement, IT'S IN HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaa Hoooooooooo. I did have to download the program guide once I went into the guide.

try the automated REHIT system

Good god, I didn't know how to navigate the telephone menus to get an automated rehit and just spent about 20 minutes on the phone trying to get one. I kept asking for a rehit and they insisted on walking me through all the menus (sticking to a script they have, no doubt).

Good god, I didn't know how to navigate the telephone menus to get an automated rehit and just spent about 20 minutes on the phone trying to get one. I kept asking for a rehit and they insisted on walking me through all the menus (sticking to a script they have, no doubt).
I did this earlier today. I was polite and did as they asked. The Tech guy (Zack ID#CVU) was great and in the end gave me a hit. Life is good! SPEED and FX in HD. I then call the hospital and told them to take me off Suicide Watch! :D

And now I have all the new HD plus BETHD(never really cared to call and get a hit before seeing as I never watch this channel)

I tried to call and gave up after 5 minutes and just went to the chat online and they sent a hit immediately. Took all of 3 or 4 minutes

Just wondering why some people have to call. Is it that they roll out to boxes in waves and some just had not been authorized automatically yet?

Seems like the software is the same for everyone so they should all behave the same,

Just did the live chat with a Tech. Gave some info and now have all the channels. Took about 5-7 minutes. Not sure if I jumped the un and just should have waited but, I've gotem and cant wait for NASCAR All star and Berett-Jackson.

Magic Vanishing Speed HD

After seeing the posts I checked my All HD list on Thursday and saw SpeedHD but it was flagged RED as if I was not entitled to it. Since I get Speed SD I figured that my HD pack should get Speed HD so I called support a few minutes ago (Friday evening). I was told that I would get it when it became available but that it was not yet live. Sure enough, it has disappeared from the All HD list entirely. Wassup??

Magic Reappearing Speed HD

Got it! Called tech support and the tech had me do a Check Switch (6 1 1) which apparently wipes the memory at the same time, forcing a re-download of the channel listings. At the completion of the reacquisition and reload, Speed HD was there. While we waited we had a nice open talk about 722 overheating (was a problem, new ones not so), the 922, pros and cons of external drives, and that negotiations are apparently ongoing that might bring back parts of the VOOM group!!

Got it! Called tech support and the tech had me do a Check Switch (6 1 1) which apparently wipes the memory at the same time, forcing a re-download of the channel listings. At the completion of the reacquisition and reload, Speed HD was there. While we waited we had a nice open talk about 722 overheating (was a problem, new ones not so), the 922, pros and cons of external drives, and that negotiations are apparently ongoing that might bring back parts of the VOOM group!!

I just tried that, and I still am not getting the new channels. I even called last night, and the answer I got was that I would have to donwngrade from the Turbo HD Gold add-on to the Turbo HD Silver. HAHA!! Customer service at it's finest. Oh, well..hopefully they will come in on there own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts