NPR National Feed

FWIW, you can get two NPR national feeds on Sirius, just not on DISH. NPR Now & NPR Talk, 24/7.

And it is true, public broadcasters in both radio and TV vehemently protect the $$$ they get from the local fundraisers. In general, they don't like PBS or NPR being offered ANYWHERE than their local station. They view it as a threat to the local fund raising moola $$$, and a great many stations resent the managers at the national level making it available anywhere else, even if it is packaged separately so as not to compete with the local stations.

At the national level, there is still a degree of contempt for the little locals who seem to get in the way of the folks in Washington trying to expand their reach beyond the local station. I could go on to say more, but you get the picture.

Unfortunately I am between Cleveland and Akron and I can not get a continuously strong OTA signal from either PBS station - the signals from both drop out.

I live in Cleveland (West Park) and can't get WVIZ OTA either (nor can I get 3 or 19, although both are available on Dish). I admit I'm using a basic indoor antenna, but but our local PBS needs to pump up the power. I think they are only using a 1 KW transmitter at their old Brookpark studio.

As for NPR, since it is on Sirius, it should be made available on Dish. I'd love to get it integrated with my DVR. (Except as an HD Absoulute, we don't get Sirius even as an option)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)