NPS Denied me Distants what's next???

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
Is there a diferent quallification process to get Distant nets???

I lost my Ny LA Distants thursday has them since 1996!!!!, called dish and bitched like hell... Not their fault they are following the law.... Gave me a free month of service, cause I told them I was going to cancel and get D*Stayed for the chat... but had to go to bed called NPS This morning nice people, great customer service but was denied distants due to me being in the stinking Chicago DMA, I want my distants back for football and time shift with LA locals...

Options:
Hacked box??? Not really feasable....
C band nope too many trees...
Directv for Sunday Ticket, yes but I will lose a lot of HD
or My last oprion Starchoice with seattle and Detroit Locals......

What to do ??????

Try on thier website you will get an e-mail that reads:

Due to the overwhelming response to Distant Networks, we are experiencing significant
delays with our Network Eligibility & Qualification status. To ensure we establish the
proper qualification & connection requirements for you, we will also need your individual
unique satellite receiver # (i.e. smart card or access card #).

Thanks for your patience & understanding. Please allow 7 to 10 days for a response.

Smart Card/Access Card # |________________________|

Email address: |__________________________| needed for us to respond back to you,

Apparently if you subbed to LiL from E* then you can not get DNS from NPS. They blame SHEVRA but that is BS if you subbed to DNS befor dec 2004 you are able to keep the DNS and the LiL.

Keep bitching and moaning if people do not like it they can ignore it rather than be a jerk!

When I spoke to NPS this morning one of the things theat they told me when I was qualified for only NBC and FOX was that if you live in a DMA that has locals your not qulified for DNS. . . .

I have a Starchoice dish and box in the garage that I might set up one of these days. So you either keep the cubs or move to Southwestern West Virginia. DirecTV and NPS will bend over backwards for you here believe me.

Watching the Bulls, Cubs and White Sox is capital punishment. No wonder Red Green wants his distants back. This way he gets The Dodgers, Angels and Lakers at least on the Saturday game of the week.

lets give him break or like I said Wild and Wonderful West Virginia is a place where DNS is going to live for ever. . . . (except the Charleston-Huntington DMA and Wheeling of course)

Is there a diferent quallification process to get Distant nets???
I lost my Ny LA Distants thursday has them since 1996!!!!, called dish and bitched like hell... Not their fault they are following the law.... Gave me a free month of service, cause I told them I was going to cancel and get D*Stayed for the chat... but had to go to bed called NPS This morning nice people, great customer service but was denied distants due to me being in the stinking Chicago DMA, I want my distants back for football and time shift with LA locals...
Options:
Hacked box??? Not really feasable....
C band nope too many trees...
Directv for Sunday Ticket, yes but I will lose a lot of HD
or My last oprion Starchoice with seattle and Detroit Locals......
What to do ??????
go with starchoice if you get sc hd you also will get spokane and buffalo locals as well i for one would be bitching too, i see no point to a dvr if timeshift is now impossible for most

nothing. watch your chicago locals and quit whining...

Agreed 100%. If you cannot get LiL or OTA then you have every right to be angry if you were denied qualification. If you are simply complaining because you want to be able to watch out-of-market football games or timeshift for convenience (in an area that already has LiL and/or OTA), tough cookies!

If I could get the SF/ATL nets, by all means I'd pony up the $9/month (wife is from SF and wouldn't mind watching local news there).. but the fact is I'm less than 30 miles away from my furthest tower, so I of course have OTA (and LiL). If a time comes that I can legally obtain the channels, then I'll grab it.. until then, I'll stick with my OTA/LiL.

My problem is NPS doesn't even have my account inthere system, I have called dish and got the # off of my acct, called NPS back and still they can't reference my acct, does anyone have this problem?

I had ABC/FOX?NBC legally thru Dish, with waivers, why not now?

Does anyone have a good location to auto qualify so I can "move"--do I need to change ph#, both billing and service addr, if so how long would it take to update?, its bull when you got waivers legally as I do but can't get them now.

We should all get into the broker business. Provide addresses for everyone concerned. I am wondering if Dish cares if one address has 1000 paying subs ? Hmmmm

My problem is NPS doesn't even have my account inthere system, I have called dish and got the # off of my acct, called NPS back and still they can't reference my acct, does anyone have this problem?

I had ABC/FOX?NBC legally thru Dish, with waivers, why not now?

Does anyone have a good location to auto qualify so I can "move"--do I need to change ph#, both billing and service addr, if so how long would it take to update?, its bull when you got waivers legally as I do but can't get them now.

Same problem here, they have no record of my phone #. I called at 2:30 today and assumed it would be fixed later so I call back at 6:30 tonight and still nothing. I then call Dish 5 minutes later and ask them to send NPS my information

If your number is not in the NPS system then that should mean you have LiL on your account. From the Charile Chat we were told that if we receive LiL then All American can not give us DNS. I do not agree since SHVERA allows us to keep DNS and LIL as long as we subbed before 12/8/04. Also since NPS does not provide us LiL then under SHVERA we should be able to receive DNS from NPS until the time that NPS decides to provide LiL.

Same problem here, they have no record of my phone #. I called at 2:30 today and assumed it would be fixed later so I call back at 6:30 tonight and still nothing. I then call Dish 5 minutes later and ask them to send NPS my information

And did that do any good?

Just pisses me off that I had them legally and can't get them legally now with NPS.

If your number is not in the NPS system then that should mean you have LiL on your account. From the Charile Chat we were told that if we receive LiL then All American can not give us DNS. I do not agree since SHVERA allows us to keep DNS and LIL as long as we subbed before 12/8/04. Also since NPS does not provide us LiL then under SHVERA we should be able to receive DNS from NPS until the time that NPS decides to provide LiL.

SO I guess move, take LIL off your acct, and wait for NPS to get the information, who knows how long that could take since the mexicans at dish have no clue what to do.

Options:

What to do ??????

While I agree with what folks said about YOU wining about ONLY getting Chicago locals, (try getting stuck with the likes of SPRINGFIELD locals! :eek: :p ) there is another alternative you could do - get another E* receiver & establish another E* account with an LA DMA address & purchase LA locals only (or any other prog of your choosing). You will have to pay another $6 charge if you do NOT have an AT/DL pkg on this account, but it IS a way to get LA back.

BTW - I moved MY D* TO get Chicago locals, so from my perspective, I DON'T know what YOU'RE complaining about... :D :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)