NPS Now Requiring Address Verification?

Radioscott

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
I've been an NPS/AAD customer for about 6 weeks. I signed up to only get ABC because that's all that I was eligible for at my address. Today, I decided to "move" to a white area. So, I called them and the CSR pulled up my account. Before I could even give her my new service address, she said that I'd have to send in some verification of my new address: a bill or something proving that I'm actually there. :eek:

Has anybody else run into this? I was stunned. She gave me their FAX number and I hung up. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Try another CSR, maybe?

Try it and see. I set my nps account with a white address area from the start and no problems at all. Maybe they will start checking to see if people really have their address where it is supposed to. IF so it is no big loss to me since I have Houston hd locals from a Houston address I use with Dish.

Hah !! I suggested that NPS would, or might have to, do this eventually. Companies can no longer plead ignorance or play dumb with issues like this. Sure, they can take their customers word for it 100% or be safe and get some proof.

Decisionmark qualifies the address that NPS tells them, which is the address the customer has told them. That's not the point....

I have had no problems so far and have been with them since it started.I got it right away.

I have had no problems at all and I started with them also from the beginning.....
Just put a label on your phone bill or something.....I knew NPS would have to start doing something...Just like they did with the rocky mountain 8 that they are selling with C Band satellite,but I was grandfathered in to that...

"care less" or "cover their ass" ?? Which is it ?? If someone could care less, there's no need to cover one's ass. Clearly, they do care and are trying to cover their ass.

Well since they are going up to 10.99 for the distants I have cancelled mine. The picture quality is not that great anyway and I already have Houston hd locals that I "moved" For with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts