NUMB3RS

Alan though is a "hub" or "nexus" character - it seems that all the characters' plot lines run through or have the capacity to run through him. And this works, because it avoids that lame literary device of 'Isn't it a coincidence that so-and-so just so happens to have this relationship with such-and-such?' I think the writers would want to best leave Alan alone and bring in another character. Could even be a housekeeper for the Eppses, or a janitor in the FBI building, or a never-before-seen relative of one of the other characters. There are all kinds of possibilities.

But they are the leads; they are essential. Take them away and the show falls apart. Where you could remove the character of Alan -- unfortunate though it would be -- and life would go on.

CBS cuts 'Numbers' order

By Nellie Andreeva
Are "Numbers'" days numbered?
CBS has opted to cut back the order for the veteran crime procedural from 22 to 16 episodes.
Friday nights have taken a big ratings hit this fall, and "Numbers," now in its sixth season, has been no exception. Last week, the drama starring Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz averaged a 1.7 rating/6 share among adults 18-49 and 7.9 million viewers overall.
Source & More: thrfeed.com

All I know was last week's episode was one of the strangest yet.

I too would hate to see it end. But if it does, six years is a good run.

It's in just about the easiest time slot in the schedule within which it is worth broadcasting new episodes, and it is still tanking.

I sure hope that they fit the wedding in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts