NUMBER OF NEW POSTS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Wondering why the number of new posts has gotten so high over last few weeks. Approx. double it seems to me. Is this legit or some kind of software change?

It'd Dish Networks doing. ;) They had to invent a new receiver that everybody wants. And the best place to get the latest poop and discuss it all is right here at Sat Guys

Reactions: Foxbat and navychop
I just go to "new posts", find a dish network one. click on it then say "mark forums read" and have it nuke all the dish ones (dish forum & hawper one) then its much more manageable

But yeah I was on last night at like 1AM and cleared all posts. This morning (10AM) there were like 300 posts (about 175 were dish related and about 40 were threads with nothing but links in them) ;)

Wondering why the number of new posts has gotten so high over last few weeks. Approx. double it seems to me. Is this legit or some kind of software change?
Are you kidding me! LOL New Hopper 3 threads and post have been awesome. I am on the computer all day trying to keep up. :coco

Reactions: stardust3
I just go to "new posts", find a dish network one. click on it then say "mark forums read" and have it nuke all the dish ones (dish forum & hawper one) then its much more manageable

But yeah I was on last night at like 1AM and cleared all posts. This morning (10AM) there were like 300 posts (about 175 were dish related and about 40 were threads with nothing but links in them) ;)
Thanks for the tip Ice. Did what you suggested yesterday with the Dish forums because I do not give a sh** about Dish and total number of new posts reduced to about half today. However, there are still Dish postings showing up. Guess that method doesn't work 100%. Or am I missing something here?

Reactions: Mr Tony
A quicker way is to select Dish Network (the "mother" forum) in the main forum list, then hit :"mark forums read" and it **should** mark Dish forum, Hawper Forum and Dish Uplink forum as read

But I agree not everyone cares about the receiver.

. However, there are still Dish postings showing up. Guess that method doesn't work 100%. Or am I missing something here?
see pics below
But any new posts after that will still show up

part 1.jpg part 2.jpg part 3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)