Number of satellite is zero

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I updated my list, added atleast one TP to each bird, and uploaded using the tools2 tab in ACC. Upon upload to my AZbox from ACC, I now get an error when I go to do a scan or check my satellite list.

It says Number of satellite is zero.

Where did I go wrong?

I updated my list, added atleast one TP to each bird, and uploaded using the tools2 tab in ACC. Upon upload to my AZbox from ACC, I now get an error when I go to do a scan or check my satellite list.

Where did I go wrong?

Somehow you deleted more sat or TPs or channels than you should have. The AZBox does not "like" having an empty list or file in any area (so to speak). You shouldn't have been able to get as far as you did, but maybe the firmware you have installed reacts differently than the firmware that I had at the time that this happened to me.

You must leave one satellite, with one TP in your list.

Don't forget to reboot your receiver after each major process, too. Rebooting the AZBox is just like rebooting your PC. It sometimes requires you to do so for the changes and effects and newly loaded programs to be activated and fully installed.

You can recover from this fairly easily. Or at least you should be able to.

First try to go to the SETTINGS menu and add a satelite and manually add a TP to that satellite (you don't have to be accurate with your information, just as long as you abide by the rules for the band of frequencies applicable to that satellite).

Or, you can use the ACC program to send a satelite list (channels and sats) from your PC to your AZBox and force a new list into it. You can use my list as I know it is clean, but the list may not be accurate for your location, so you might have to dabble with it after the fact. It will at least get you out of the error that you are detecting.

I will attach the list that you can use for this purpose. The channels and sats and switch and motor settings may not be accurate for your system, but at least you will have a legit sat and channel list in your receiver. You will have to start over and configure all the basics manually to suit your own system. Hopefully your receiver accepts the list (I believe that it will).

Unzip the three files in this list and save them all to the location that the ACC program wants to look for them in. Then, all you need to do is - when you have started the ACC program and told it to transfer the files (clicked on send files to AZBox) then you just have to locate the all_channels.dat file and click on it. If the other two files are stored in the same file or folder, ACC should find them and upload them, too. Watch your PC's screen as the process is underway. It should blink to you that it loaded the channels, then the other two files should follow right after, but they should load up quick (almost too fast for you to notice).

If you can get my channel and sat list dat files to transfer over to your AZBox, then you can start over from total scratch and take heed of how far you go when manually deleting sats and channels. You have to leave so many of each item in each list (otherwise the AZBox detects the lists is empty and it has a hissy fit).

You may have to experiment a little here, so try it a few times before you give it up. Remember, we cannot hold your hand all the way through this entire thing. This is a DIY enterprise, so prepare to help yourself out of a jam if you get into one. Everyone is solo flighting here as it is, so no one can really take the stick from you.

RADAR

Attachments

• RADARS_AZBox_DAT_LISTS.zip
    48.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Yea, I figured most of it out myself. It seems that the AX box didnt like the fact that I had no channels scanned in. After loading the list, with channels, all seems to be fine.

Where did I go wrong?

That happened to me once. I performed a factory reset and had a successful upload on the next try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)