Nvidia Shield being released, uses Tegra X1 processor

What is interesting about the TV box is that it is 4k with full HDMI2.0 10 bit color and HDCP 2.2, with H.265 HEVC & V9 hardware support for 4k.

Anyone using the Shield? I am looking for a 4k/24 device for Vudu UHD and Netflix UHD.

Never tried the Shield, Roku 4 works great for me for Netflix, Vudu and Amazon in 4K.

I have a Shield Tablet.

Love it.

Never hooked it to my 4K TV though.... not sure if they make a 4K compatible HDMI Mini to HDMI Cable. :D.

I pulled the trigger on the Shield TV with remote. Best I can tell so far it is now has Vudu UHD, Netflix UHD with HDR and Netflix with 24hz. Not sure on Vudu 24hz.

I pulled the trigger on the Shield TV with remote. Best I can tell so far it is now has Vudu UHD, Netflix UHD with HDR and Netflix with 24hz. Not sure on Vudu 24hz.

No Amazon which is too bad since their 4K looks just as nice as Netflix and Vudu, they also rent( and sell but I don't buy since Amazon is not UV) a lot of new 4K titles from other studios that are not on Vudu.

Yeah, I dont use Amazon much even though I have prime. I mainly only watch Bosch right now, which I can do on the bedroom Roku 3. This is for the living room display where we do our Netflix UHD stuff. I also want to try Vudu UHD since I have fast internet now. I watched a bit of In the Heart of the Sea in Vudu UHD, and it looked pretty dang good.

Mad Max looks amazing on Vudu in 4K

Well, got my Shield setup today and Netflix and Vudu UHD look great with it set to 4k/24 ycbcr 444.

Here are some observations for my setup (Marantz preamp and LG OLED):

• If I set the Shield to 4k/60 it forces ycbcr 420, which is what my preamp reports it is getting (8 bit color)
  • If I set the Shield to 4k/24 444 that is exactly what the preamp reports (8 bit color)
  • If I set the Shield to 4k/60, with HDMI Deep Color On on my LG, the Shield sends out 4k/60 BT2020 10 bit for Netflix UHD but I get no HDR popup. Its like it sends WCG but no HDR. I watched the 2nd or 3rd epi of Marco Polo Seas 2, they are up on the castle wall at night, I saw banding in every mode so I am not sure what good BT2020 does here.
  • If I changed the Shield to 4K/24 and left my panel in 10 bit mode, it just sent out 4K/24 ycbcr 444 8 bit.

So, I am going to leave mine on 4k/24 ycbcr 444 and leave Ultra HDMI Deep Color off on my display.

As far as Vudu, I watched Pacific Rim in UHD with the Shield set to 4k/24 ycbcr 444 8 bit and it looked freaking outstanding. My only issue with Vudu UHD vs optical is the audio is just not as dynamic, but the video quality is something else.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts