Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
Finally have one box to replace my Fire TV's, Roku's, and LG TV WebOS. It is connected to an Onkyo RZ610, LG 65 OLED, 1gb Ethernet, and 1gb fiber Internet. Have a Plex Server setup that will DVR and do OTA TV with a Hauppauge Win-dualTV tuner. It paired easily to my Harmony Hub, Alexa, TV tuner, phones/tablets, and a Logitech K600 TV keyboard. Does Vision and Atmos with no hiccups. Primarily use YouTube TV that does OTTs, Locals, and very functional 9-month DVR. Also rely on Netflix, Prime, HBO, Showtime, and Vudu. Does NOT support Apple TV for Android. Only OTA DVR-ed to a 64gb stick that works fine. Have 2tb HD coming today. Really just proof of concept as YouTube TV does DVR great. Oh, Chromecast is built in and actually works. Only has two USB ports and TV tuner is too fat so I added a powered USB 3 hub. Easily connected it to my network shares. You can side-load through shares or browsers. Firefox and Chrome work but must be side-loaded.

Was a 23 year DirecTV customer but been disappointed for the last couple of years, like about when the monster ate them and innovation stopped. Kissed a lot of frogs and spent a lot of money looking at alternatives. Think I found it.

NVIDIA SHIELD TV PRO 2019 (with YouTube TV) is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No gripes so far.

For those that hate the old remote, the new Pro remote is out stand alone unit. Should work with old shields with the latest firmware. Hurry they won't last long.

The thing I hated with the old remote was the slide volume control and the short battery life.

I thought about ordering a new remote, but actually picked up a cheap remote from amazon last year that works well enough for me.

Reactions: KE4EST
Same here the new remote has push buttons for volume. They are already back out of stock so within 24 hours they sold out again. Anyone wanting the new remote will need to get on the email mailing list and react immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts