Ny Locals going to spot?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Anyone know If NY NY locals are going to go to spot beam anytime soon? I really don't want to have to "move" back west.

Dish RV waiver? This would be in case they're ever again allowed to offer distant network service?

RV waiver refers to a wavier for RV users. Because they could be anywhere, in the US, they use a "national" network channel. An RV user could not get their locals if their locals were on spot beam and they were out of the beam coverage.

The "standard" waiver was given by the local networks allowing people to get distants. It is very unlikely Dish will ever be able to offer distants in the future.

Anyone know If NY NY locals are going to go to spot beam anytime soon? I really don't want to have to "move" back west.

I see you are even using the word "soon". Not a word to worry about around here.

IMO, someday all LiL's will be spotbeams. Dish will have to do that to prove they don't provide locals out of their designated DMA. This would show the FCC they are trying as best they can that they are complying with the court order.

Hopefully AAD will provide the HD's when that day comes.

RV waiver refers to a wavier for RV users. Because they could be anywhere, in the US, they use a "national" network channel. An RV user could not get their locals if their locals were on spot beam and they were out of the beam coverage.

The "standard" waiver was given by the local networks allowing people to get distants. It is very unlikely Dish will ever be able to offer distants in the future.

but since Dish lost the Distants fight a year + ago they had to shut off ALL distants INCLUDING the ones who legally got them

But as of right now the reason they're not on Spotbeam is Puerto Rico

Before locals became available in PR that is how PR got the networks. They were "blanket waiver" for all 4 nets. Once the networks became available in PR they no longer allow people to get NY locals. ABC & NBC in PR are the NY feeds with local commercials inserted
from the ekb

San Juan/Ponce/Caguas/Mayagüez
*ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox from NY no longer available to new subscribers.
* PBS XD available to San Juan (Puerto Rico) local subscribers for $1 additional.
Station ID Affiliation Status Sat Loc Added Puerto Rico, USA
WCBS TV 2
New York, NY CBS Not Available to New Subs* 119° 2/1/98
WNBC TV 4
New York, NY NBC Not Available to New Subs* 119° 2/1/98
WNYW TV 5
New York, NY FOX Not Available to New Subs* 119° 2/1/98
WABC TV 7
New York, NY ABC Not Available to New Subs* 119° 2/1/98
PBS XD
National Satellite Channel PBS Available* 119°
WKAQ TV 2
San Juan, PR Telemundo Available 110° 8/5/04
WAPA TV 4
San Juan, PR Ind. Available 110° 8/4/04
WAPA DT 4.2
San Juan, PR Weather Available 110°
WIPR TV 6
San Juan, PR Edu-PBS Available 110° 8/4/04
WSTE TV 7
Ponce, PR Ind. Not Available
WLII TV 11
Caguas, PR Univision Available 110° 9/7/05
WORO TV 13
Fajardo, PR Rel. Cath. Not Available 110°
WVGN LP 14
Charlotte Amalie, VI NBC Available 110° 6/6/06
WVXF TV 17
Charlotte Amalie, VI CBS Available 110° 6/6/06
WTCV TV 18
San Juan, PR Ind. Not Available
WPRU LP 20
Aguadilla, PR ABC Available 110° 5/18/05
WJPX TV 24
San Juan, PR CaribeVisión Not Available
WSJX LP 24
Aguadilla, PR Fox Available 110° 7/27/06
WSJU TV 30
San Juan, PR Ind. Available 110° 8/4/04
WSJP LP 30
Aguadilla, PR CW Available 110° 5/18/05

But as of right now the reason they're not on Spotbeam is Puerto Rico... Once the networks became available in PR they no longer allow people to get NY locals.
How's that again? Right now there is no reason left preventing NY locals from going spotbeam?

from my posts above and the ekb

San Juan/Ponce/Caguas/Mayagüez
*ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox from NY no longer available to new subscribers.
* PBS XD available to San Juan (Puerto Rico) local subscribers for $1 additional.

there are subs in Puerto Rico who have NY locals. They were not part of the "Dish must shut down all distants Dec 1, 06" for some odd reason

Hi Iceburg:

I have been a Dish Network customer in PR since 2000 and I had the Distant Networks and when our networks came available they took my New York and Los Angeles away from me. But I still can get from NPS the Atlanta and San Francisco ones.

Last edited:

I think RV'rs would much prefer the Boston locals over the NY ones.:cool:

interesting....I thought they were able to keep the NY nets even though the PR "locals" were available

No we don't ,since the DNS were shut, However we have Networks from NY via a local affiliate (NBC PR Ch 14,CW Ch 17,ABC PR Ch 20,FOX PR CH 24 and CBS Caribbean CH 37).

I think most RV's use SD receivers, and according to "The List" both NY and Boston SD locals are on spot beams now.

6300 WABC (7) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 15 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6300 WABC (7) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 17 8PSK ConUS beam Available
6301 WCBS (2) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 15 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6301 WCBS (2) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 17 8PSK ConUS beam Available
6302 WNBC (4) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 17 8PSK ConUS beam Available
Number Name (Remap) Type Satellite Transponder Modulation Beam Availability
6302 WNBC (4) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 15 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6303 WNYW (5) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 15 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6303 WNYW (5) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 17 8PSK ConUS beam Available
6304 WPIX (11) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 15 8PSK Area 6 beam Not Available
6318 WCVB (5) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 21 8PSK ConUS beam Available
6318 WCVB (5) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 05 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6319 WBZ (4) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 21 8PSK ConUS beam Available
6319 WBZ (4) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 05 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6320 WHDH (7) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 21 8PSK ConUS beam Available
6320 WHDH (7) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 05 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6321 WFXT (25) MPEG4 SD 61.5°W 05 8PSK Area 6 beam Available
6321 WFXT (25) MPEG4 HD 61.5°W 21 8PSK ConUS beam Available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts