NY Mets Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

taclearo@earthlink.net

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
Does anyone know if DirecTV plans on carrying the Mets game with their new station? If so, I'm assuming the games itself would only be available through the MLB package, although the station will hopefully be part of the sports package. Like the Yankees with Yes. Being a Met fan in Tampa, I need that fix. Thanks guys!

taclearo@earthlink.net said:
Does anyone know if DirecTV plans on carrying the Mets game with their new station? If so, I'm assuming the games itself would only be available through the MLB package, although the station will hopefully be part of the sports package. Like the Yankees with Yes. Being a Met fan in Tampa, I need that fix. Thanks guys!

Good luck getting any information on that..

You can bet Directv wont divulge any information, even if there is any..

If they do decide to carry the channel you can also bet it will be a total crap shoot as to what games thay actually feel like showing..

Games will show up in the guide that wont actually be shown, other games wont show up in the guide at all..

Directv gets off on keeping their customers in the dark as much as they possibly can..

Its all part of the Directv game :D The we will provide the worst TV service in America and you will like it game :D

Sportsnet New York

taclearo@earthlink.net said:

http://www.sny.tv/index.jsp According to this site, it looks like directv will carry the Met, but not sure it we will have to pay extra. LETS GO METS!:D

I dunno.

As editor of Gotham Baseball magazine (www.gothambaseball.com) we still haven't gotten that confirmed. I just talked to a bunch of SNY guys down in St. Lucie, and the deal still isn't done.

My sources at DirecTV (I used to write for Home Theater magazine, as well as E-Gear and other tech titles) seem to agree.

As an out of market DTV sub, I'm a bit worried now, and I wasn't before.

blueflame16 said:
http://www.sny.tv/index.jsp According to this site, it looks like directv will carry the Met, but not sure it we will have to pay extra. LETS GO METS!:D

When D* started carrying YES, there were no additional fees, and no price increases. They just added it to Total Choice as a RSN.

It's reasonable to expect the same approach now. The local backlash over any additional fees would be tremendous.

Be optimistic. :)

Mike McGann said:
I dunno.

As editor of Gotham Baseball magazine (www.gothambaseball.com) we still haven't gotten that confirmed. I just talked to a bunch of SNY guys down in St. Lucie, and the deal still isn't done.

My sources at DirecTV (I used to write for Home Theater magazine, as well as E-Gear and other tech titles) seem to agree.

As an out of market DTV sub, I'm a bit worried now, and I wasn't before.

I just switched to directv from dish network assuming that this sportsnetwork would be a done deal for directv. i think even cablevision here in ny inked a deal with sny. absent some of the smaller cable companies, it almost leaves directv and dish as the real question marks. i am in shock that it is taking so long for directv. are they getting like dish network. any more news from your sources????

Where does it stop? The cavaliers are starting their own network, what if all MLB and NBA teams started their own networks? Where's the bandwidth going to come from? Who's included and who's not? How much will the freaking Sportspak cost?

This is nuts, another ancilliary demon from the evil Lakers-Red Wings-Yankees troika.

these channels are worthless! I had the sports pack and EVERYTHING worth watching was blacked out tring to make you buy the sunday ticket/MLB or NHL package.

I would put on the yankees network and as soon as the game would start the screen would go black.

dave26262 said:
I just switched to directv from dish network assuming that this sportsnetwork would be a done deal for directv. i think even cablevision here in ny inked a deal with sny. absent some of the smaller cable companies, it almost leaves directv and dish as the real question marks. i am in shock that it is taking so long for directv. are they getting like dish network. any more news from your sources????

If they were becoming like DISH Network, that would be a good thing...

D* is the worst HD provider in America.. And Getting worse each day..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)