NY MPEG 4 Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

billybill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I am scheduled to have my AT9 installed 9/30. My main reason for having it installed now is to get MSG & FSNY when they become available for hockey season. I have read the stories about the 8mm effect during sports telecasts, is this still a problem? Should I just wait until its resolved?

Why get the AT9 for MSG & FSNY? They are not offered in HD via D* if that is the reason why you are getting the AT9. As for the 8mm effect, last time I checked out YES-HD on channel 96 it would have the effect from time to time.

MSG and FSNY are expected to be carried in HD on DirecTV for 'games only' beginning in October. Watch for the announcement to be made soon!!!!!

Are all the HD Channels affected by this "8mm" effect or is it just YES and SNY? Are Sunday Ticket HD games or ESPN affected?

billybill said:
Are all the HD Channels affected by this "8mm" effect or is it just YES and SNY? Are Sunday Ticket HD games or ESPN affected?

It's usually all mpeg 4s which are in 1080i resolution as opposed to 720p. The rsns seem to be mainly in 1080i, along with nbc and cbs.

ESPN is mpeg 2 and 720p anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)