NY Rangers new coach

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
1. I think Tortorella was a commentator in Canada when he said that, wasn't he? I would not put any stock in that. IF Avery is on his team he will feel differently.

Having said that...

2. Avery is still Stars' property. I don't understand how Sather can make comments like that. The Stars want him to do to the Rangers so they wouldn't care about tampering, but it still doesn't seem right.

Sandra

:D:D:D
I was going to say "then I sat and took a Lundquist" but I couldn't remember how to spell your sweeties name. Either way the Ranger's season is in the toilet.:D

Definitely more of a Datsyuk after Mexican food. ;)

Now with the coaching change I don't know if the Rangers' season is in the toilet or not. Time will tell. Could be Rangers/Sharks in the finals...nah, probably Bruins/Sharks...

Sandra

I don't know if the Rangers' season is in the toilet or not. Time will tell. Could be Rangers/Sharks in the finals

Finals?

Sandra, if the Rangers make it all the way to the Stanley Cup... no, never mind. You already told me, and it's in my signature.

Finals?

Sandra, if the Rangers make it all the way to the Stanley Cup... no, never mind. You already told me, and it's in my signature.

I don't know how the team will take to Tortorella. Of course Sather's stupid signings are still there, so they could continue heading South.

But if they wanted to find the exact opposite of Tom Renney, they found him. The kids like Dubinsky, Betts, Dawes, Korpikoski, Girardi, Staal, etc., will probably love him, and he'll love them.

The key is going to be how Zherdev, Gomez, Drury, Redden, Naslund, Rozsival, etc., respond to him. If they get their butt in gear and do what they're capable of, good things can happen. There is also the possibility some of these guys will get into Tortorella's doghouse quickly, and head in the other direction.

Like I said, time will tell. I don't think there are any automatic teams in the East, Boston is playing at this level for the first time, who knows what will happen in the playoffs. Same with Washington. The Rangers have had the Devils number for years, and the rest of the teams are a crapshoot.

And I do think Avery can give this team a boost. Like Bill Parcells said, 'you are your record'. The Rangers' record with Avery in the lineup was 50-20-18 or something.

Hopefully it'll come down to who has the best goalie. :)

Sandra

Last edited:
1. I think Tortorella was a commentator in Canada when he said that, wasn't he? I would not put any stock in that. IF Avery is on his team he will feel differently.

Having said that...

2. Avery is still Stars' property. I don't understand how Sather can make comments like that. The Stars want him to do to the Rangers so they wouldn't care about tampering, but it still doesn't seem right.

Sandra

On the NHL Live show they were interviewing the moderator of the TSN between period show and he said that Tortorella has a real dislike for Avery and said so in very strong terms on more than one occasion.
But if Sather wants to put him on the team I bet he is on the team.
Just look at the Cincinnati Bengals and Chris Henry the coach said that Henry was through with the team but when Henry came off suspension the owner put him back on the team and the coach said not a word.

On the NHL Live show they were interviewing the moderator of the TSN between period show and he said that Tortorella has a real dislike for Avery and said so in very strong terms on more than one occasion.
But if Sather wants to put him on the team I bet he is on the team.
Just look at the Cincinnati Bengals and Chris Henry the coach said that Henry was through with the team but when Henry came off suspension the owner put him back on the team and the coach said not a word.

Goodness, please don't use Chris Henry and Sean Avery in the same context. Avery can be a jerk (ask Martin Brodeur), but Henry...

Numerous arrests from marijuana possession, driving under the influence, substance abuse, assault, criminal damaging...

Sean Avery is not in the 'class' of Chris Henry. :eek:

Sandra

Goodness, please don't use Chris Henry and Sean Avery in the same context. Avery can be a jerk (ask Martin Brodeur), but Henry...

Numerous arrests from marijuana possession, driving under the influence, substance abuse, assault, criminal damaging...

Sean Avery is not in the 'class' of Chris Henry.

She's right.

Avery may cause trouble on the ice, but not off the ice.

He doesn't have a criminal record or a history of doing some really bad things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)