NYC/Boston Going Spot. Are you a mover?

They were uplinked on 61.5 a few weeks ago (with WGN9 in HD)...I don't know when they'll be turned on. Scott, have you heard anything?
I thought I read on some thread a few weeks ago that the Dish-WGN negotiations had broken down, and WGN HD on Dish was unlikely in the foreseeable future? Am I wrong about that?

Right now I have Top 250 and HD Ultimate. I have gotten WGN SD ever since I became a Dish subscriber many years ago. I live in Los Angeles and have no intention of "moving" to Chicago. What are my chances of getting WGN HD "soon" or ever?

Are they moving Chicago's HD locals to spotbeam or are they staying conus on 129?

I'm a bit confused about the chicago spotbeams. If HD locals are on 129 conus, doesn't that mean many people in chicago will lose signal if they go to 61.5 spotbeam unless they get another dish or get repointed?? I understand NYC since it's on the same sat, but in Chicago they would have to let all the subs know they need realignment no?

I'm a bit confused about the chicago spotbeams. If HD locals are on 129 conus, doesn't that mean many people in chicago will lose signal if they go to 61.5 spotbeam unless they get another dish or get repointed?? I understand NYC since it's on the same sat, but in Chicago they would have to let all the subs know they need realignment no?

129 will not go spot beam until a new satellite is launched (Ceil-2) at the end of the year. Some of the larger DMAs are being put on both 61.5 and 129. It appears they want to give the installers a choice to point in different directions for best line of site.

I lost NYC also. I got a call from my wife at home. The 622 was sitting on one of the NY HD locals last night, so it tried to wake up on a channel with no signal. Had to move to another channel and do a soft boot.

So now that it looks like we are SOL, how easy is it to go to 129? I have a dish 300 w/ single DP LNB going through a DP34. Can I just set the required elevation and swing the dish over to the 129 or is it going to take different switches / lnbs to get Chicago (129).

Thanks,

:(:(:(:( I new this day will come I just did not know it was going to be so soon :confused::confused: ... can anybody confirm this .. I am sitting at my desk :eek: worried ... Please someone say it a late april fools :rolleyes:

So to be clear on all of this action, once the satellite in launched at the end of the year, Chicago HD locals will no longer be available on conus and "moving" is over???

I believe my message was the same this morning. I will have to check it when I get home.

Yeah something's up with my box. It says try Channel Up or Down then back, and if I still have a problem to do reset with the Power button, but no "lost satellite signal".

FYI I'm in DC, and being next to NY, the DC spotbeam doesn't have tp15.

So to be clear on all of this action, once the satellite in launched at the end of the year, Chicago HD locals will no longer be available on conus and "moving" is over???

Fortunatly "moving is still possible", for rural unserved areas near a major spotbeam. ex. In NY state residents of the following DMA's Watertown, Utica, Binghamton, and Elmira can move to NYC DMA and be in spotbeam. Those DMA's are unserved by E* for even SD locals

I'm not sure how this will effect me, I'm in Canada(Ottawa)with Dish. I'm getting NYC as my locals(not sure of the address my broker is using) what will happen to me will I lose NYC SD and get somewhere closer?

I'm not sure how this will effect me, I'm in Canada(Ottawa)with Dish. I'm getting NYC as my locals(not sure of the address my broker is using) what will happen to me will I lose NYC SD and get somewhere closer?

as of now you will not loose SD networks, but you will probably be out of spot for HD NYC, but Burlington Vt., just went on in HD, you probably might be in that spot. Im in Ogdensburg and am in NYC spot but not sure it makes it to Ottawa. If you are getting HD from NY now you are ok, as they went to spotbeam today. Do you have HD reciever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)