NYC/Boston Going Spot. Are you a mover?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I take it the OP "moved" to New York or Boston, huh?

and instead of keeping it the one thread you decided to start a new one??

edit: since you did post this more than once, combined threads

haha, I wouldn't wish even those.. when I "moved", I knew they'd end someday so no biggie, I'll save the $$ :D

No kidding. :D Methinks the OP is overreacting. What he needs to realize is that spotbeams aren't some mean little plan to keep people from moving. I don't think Dish gives a rat's ass about that. It's so that they can re-use transponders and give us all these LiLs, HD locals, and still have room for more national channels. Without spotbeams, we'd have far fewer channels.

well if you get a hundreds of people canceling there $150 a month plan to go to directv to get the locals they want it's not going to stop the spot beamage but it is going to shrink there subscriber count and revenues...

Iceberg or Scott, do you know of any 118.7 locals that will be moving to a spot on 61.5? My underlying question is that since 129 and 61.5 will both be spot, what HD locals are likely to remain for the forseeable future?

Hello.

I ''moved'' to ny city from wilmington, nc.

for some reason all of my hd ny locals are gone. i get error 004 asking me to reboot.

I catch all the sats on my 622 receiver

61.5, 110, 119. 128 (i forget exactly) but they are all green, even after running test switch.

I get all hd channels and ny sd locals, but for some reason my HD ny locals are gone as of 7am 4-25-08 (thursday) it was fine last evening when i was watching ny local fox in hd.

any ideas????

thanks...Joe

OK i'm in a grump mood today perhaps, but did you read any of the posts in this thread before you posted?

He's talking about the OP from the combined thread.

I think it would better if they would just lock threads with a pointer to the continuing one instead of merging. It always screws things up when they do, and generally just makes things worse.

well if you get a hundreds of people canceling there $150 a month plan to go to directv to get the locals they want it's not going to stop the spot beamage but it is going to shrink there subscriber count and revenues...

yea, directv doesn't have spotbeams :rolleyes:

?????

first of all sorry for the newbie question .... :confused: I have 3 separate dishes 2 (6 feet) 61.5 and 110 and 1 (60 inches) for 119 connected via dp34 switch ... Is it posible to install a different lnbf on the 119 dish and get 118.7 (if so which one).. so I can get HD locals again .. By the way I live in Puerto Rico that's why the setup .. I recenty "moved" to NYC and love HD locals until a few days ago.. Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

DIRECTV uses Ka band spots. Ka allows much smaller spots, so you have to be much closer to the market you want to "move" to than what Dish has.

Denver is a good choice since the DMA is so huge it is not likely to move to spots. Also mentioned are the 118.7 markets, but 118.7 will probably cut off when Ciel-2 goes up. All the 118.7 HD markets should have 129 already so they will move 118.7 to 129 spots and no one should notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts