philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I do not have dish right now. So 2 questions:

Can I just get the DishHD package with locals and hd locals?

So, $29.99 + $5 + $5?

I want to move to NYC, since I get the NY spot beams, as I am in Boston, currently. What satellite is the NYC HD locals on? 61.5?

I don't want an installation, so I need to buy a unit to just activate it, where can I still buy 622/722 or 811?

THANKS!
PHIL

Hi

I do not have dish right now. So 2 questions:

Can I just get the DishHD package with locals and hd locals?

So, $29.99 + $5 + $5?

I want to move to NYC, since I get the NY spot beams, as I am in Boston, currently. What satellite is the NYC HD locals on? 61.5?

I don't want an installation, so I need to buy a unit to just activate it, where can I still buy 622/722 or 811?

THANKS!
PHIL
Don't get an 811. It doesn't do MPEG-4, and won't get many HD channels.

The NYC HD locals are on 61.5 in MPEG-2, not spotbeamed. Also duplicated in MPEG-4 on 61.5 spotbeamed, but not yet available.

No extra charge for HD locals. They come free with your SD locals (and yes, you do get the SD locals in the HD Only package if you pay the $5/month).

So if you just have the one receiver it's: $29.99 + $5 for a 211 non-DVR receiver, or another $5/month DVR fee for a 622 type DVR.

ok, cool...

Now another question....I couldnt figure out the keywords to search threads....

I no Dish no longer does nationwide locals due to court restrictions.

But they gave that to another company.

Who is it? And can I get SF locals in HD and the non-HD ones in SD with this package?

Don't get an 811. It doesn't do MPEG-4, and won't get many HD channels.

The NYC HD locals are on 61.5 in MPEG-2, not spotbeamed. Also duplicated in MPEG-4 on 61.5 spotbeamed, but not yet available.

No extra charge for HD locals. They come free with your SD locals (and yes, you do get the SD locals in the HD Only package if you pay the $5/month).

So if you just have the one receiver it's: $29.99 + $5 for a 211 non-DVR receiver, or another $5/month DVR fee for a 622 type DVR.

The NYC HD locals are in mpeg4 on 61.5. At one time WCBS-HD was Mpeg2, but no longer. Spotbeaming looks to be coming SOON.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts