NYC HD Spot beam?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimWH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Tampa Fl.
If this has been covered somewhere I apologize for the new thread. I did a search and could not find an answer. I am living in the Tampa area and have 'moved' to continue to receive NYC (where I'm from) SD programming. I am considering upgrading to HD. If I do so will I be able to get NYC locals and sports in HD once I 'move' again after the new equipment is installed? Thanks.

Check TheList in my signature, it has all the beams and maps. You will not be able to get NYC HD locals in Tampa with DishNetwork. Besides AllAmericanDirect.com's locals of SF and Chicago on 110 conus, the only HD locals CONUS you'll find are on 72/77 birds. I think just 72 though.

Thanks for the info. I'm a bit surprised because I thought NY might have been an available option for people without their own locals.

Dish does not catter to movers and since they can not provide distants it only makes since to put everything on spotbeams for bandwidth savings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts