NYC Locals Issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am having the very same issue on my NY locals in HD only. I have two 622 receivers going through a DP44 Switch. The signal strength on my 61.5 remains constant in the mid 70's. I too thought it might be weather related however it is happening in clear blue skys. I went and checked the LNB connection, removed it and re-tightened - no difference. I called DISH and the CSR too reported no issues with the channels but made a report. A relative who lives 15 miles from me with the same setup is seeing the same exact thing. Could this have anything to do with the L511 Software this past week or so? It is very annoying, more than 8 freezes every 30 minutes on any local HD channel. I want a credit.

I am beginning to think it has something to do with the software upgrade. What bothers me is a few people have contacted Dish, and the CSR's seem not to have any record that multiple people are having the same problem.
They keep telling me I am a valued customer....just not feeling it.:)

I am beginning to think it has something to do with the software upgrade. What bothers me is a few people have contacted Dish, and the CSR's seem not to have any record that multiple people are having the same problem.
They keep telling me I am a valued customer....just not feeling it.:)

Because, other than during storms, not all of us are seeing it. Only time I saw it was during the LPGA US open and definitely had a storm going through. I have set a number of my timers to go for the Satellite feed since Friday, and that was the only time I saw a problem in the last 3 days.

NYC HD Local Problem

The problem here has to be on the uplink side of things. If your picture is "freezing" and then restarting. If it was your problem (or mine) the picture would pixelate first and then dropout with an "acquiring signal" screen.
I don't know if this is happening with thunderstorms in the area of the uplink facility or whether dish has a different problem there. Personally I have not been watching the networks much due to repeat season but was getting some freezing last night on Bones and House..
Gerry

I have this problem on both my 622 & 211 so its not a receiver problem. I also have my locals via an antenna and the signal strenght on my antenna droped about 10% the last week.

I have stopped watching the locals on Dish and switch to my cable broadcast basic. No such problems from that source so it's not the stations themselves (although I suppose it IS possible that the signal has degraded to the point where Dish can't handle it but cable can).

I also have my locals via an antenna and the signal strenght on my antenna droped about 10% the last week.

Thats interesting.
Found this on anohter forum:

One of our local CBS station engineers reported the following:

"The Galaxy 26 satellite that CBS uses to distribute HD programming to some stations is having technical problems. CBS has moved the programming to a backup satellite, but we are using a smaller dish for that satellite, so our signal is not as strong. Since we have a weaker signal, it's more likely that we will experience fades or dropouts. If we experience dropouts, we will probably switch back to the CBS SD feed until this problem is resolved.

This might explain CBS but not the rest of the locals. I have noticed the problem is presently happening on NBC out of NY.

I watched Hell's Kitchen (DVRd) start-to-finish without any of that annoying cr*p. So hopefully it's taken care of (of course according to Dish there never was a problem in the first place :)).

Last edited:
Well it's starting to happen again but now it doesn't happen as many times as it used to but when it does happen it stops the picture for longer than it did. Cmon Dish get your **** together.

Well it's starting to happen again but now it doesn't happen as many times as it used to but when it does happen it stops the picture for longer than it did. Cmon Dish get your **** together.

Doppy,

What channel is it happening on, and whats your location?
I have been watching NBC NY and for the past hour...so far nothing.

Doppy,

What channel is it happening on, and whats your location?
I have been watching NBC NY and for the past hour...so far nothing.

I believe I saw some solarization yesterday or the day before on WPIX-DT. Can't say I've seen it any other time but it wouldn't surprise me if the problem is BAAAACKKK!!

The channels I was watching were CBS and NBC, when it happened it was on both channels at the same time just like before. It happened a few times from 8:30-9:00, it went completely out from around 9:20-9:35, I didn't watch them after 10:00. Then it happened once from 11:30-12:30 and another time from 12:30-1:30, but those times it stayed off for about a minute.

It's back again

There has to be something on the uplink side as Dish keeps telling everyone that they have not heard this issue. Is there any way or anyone who can get this to Dish's attention from this forum or owners of this forums.

I have OTA connected so I can check that its not happening on the OTA. It happened on ABC so I switched to NBC, CBS and then to FOX and all did the same thing this morning and late yesterday evening.

I am going to call them this evening once again to see what Dish has uncovered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)