NYC Locals question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I never said they paid that for locals but that is what DNS costs.. $15 if you get East or West Coast (based on address) or $20 if you have both east & west grandfathered service

I have a friend with grandfathered DNS and pays something like $5.99 and gets east and west AND his real locals...

He's lucky. Here is their current information:

Thank you for asking about our broadcast network service for your mobile vehicle. We offer our mobile customers DNS (distant network service) programming of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC network feeds from New York or Los Angeles, along with a CW network feed from Washington DC, or San Diego and a PBS feed. This 6-station Mobile DNS package is available for $15.00 per month.

This has been the case since 2010.

As of November 29, 2010, Directv will replace your Distant Network Services (DNS) programming package with a new $15 per month single-coast package.

This package will include the East Coast DNS feeds of ABC,CBS,CW, FOX, NBC and the national PBS feed. ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC will be available in HD to customers with HD equipment and HD Access.*

Existing customers may instead choose to receive a dual-coast DNS package that includes both the East and West Coast feeds of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC and the national feed of PBS for $20 per month. To upgrade to the dual-coast DNS package, you must check the box and return the reply card by November 18, 2010. If we do not receive the attached card by this date, we will automatically enroll you in the $15 single-coast DNS package on November 29, 2010.

He's lucky. Here is their current information:

Thank you for asking about our broadcast network service for your mobile vehicle. We offer our mobile customers DNS (distant network service) programming of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC network feeds from New York or Los Angeles, along with a CW network feed from Washington DC, or San Diego and a PBS feed. This 6-station Mobile DNS package is available for $15.00 per month.

This has been the case since 2010.

As of November 29, 2010, Directv will replace your Distant Network Services (DNS) programming package with a new $15 per month single-coast package.

This package will include the East Coast DNS feeds of ABC,CBS,CW, FOX, NBC and the national PBS feed. ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC will be available in HD to customers with HD equipment and HD Access.*

Existing customers may instead choose to receive a dual-coast DNS package that includes both the East and West Coast feeds of ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC and the national feed of PBS for $20 per month. To upgrade to the dual-coast DNS package, you must check the box and return the reply card by November 18, 2010. If we do not receive the attached card by this date, we will automatically enroll you in the $15 single-coast DNS package on November 29, 2010.
Problem is, most don't want NY or LA news when they are travelling, they want the info from where they are, or where they are going too.

I am grandfathered, have Chicago locals and DNS they are $3.50 per network for a total of $14.00 a month.
Last I knew dns were 3.00ea guess they went up again. I've called into iss 3x in the last 3yrs trying to snake these... it appears that the option to authorize these is literally gone from our system... so if you are grandfathered. . Keep in mind if you ever drop them you'll never get them back.

Yes, that's correct. If they are grandfathered and you drop them you lose them forever.

That's the only reason I keep the New York ones. Don't really use them but I know the second I drop them I would need one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts