• 921 ($600 Upgrade) @ www.vssll.com????

dspdfisher

Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Does anyone know if this offer is only for new subscribers, or if this offer is extended to existing customers that sign up for the 1-year in programming.

Thanks Daren

dspdfisher said:
Does anyone know if this offer is only for new subscribers, or if this offer is extended to existing customers that sign up for the 1-year in programming.

Thanks Daren

That is the standard offer for new customers only on the Free Dish promotion. The customer pays the $49.99 activation fee along with a $600 upgrade fee, and then gets a $49.99 activation credit on the first bill. You can get this offer from any DISH Network retailer (who can get ahold of a 921).

Your only option if you are an existing (or previous) subscriber is to purchase one for the going price.

sparker said:
I hope DISH has some sort of a upgrade special soon for existing customers if they are doing a reduced rate for newbies. It would be nice of them at least.

It would be nice, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. They can't provide enough for the folks willing to pay full price (or more). Also, if they did, the existing customers would just have another way to beat the system and upgrade for $600 and sell them on ebay for $1500.

I think the existing customer price will stay the same for quite a while. Besides, I don't think that this is a receiver that they are going to want to send out to the masses in large quantities - yet! ;)

sparker said:
Not really make it a year commitment with a clause that if you disconnect it before the year you get charged like $399.

Well that still would be ok. 600 + 399 = 999 and if you can dump in on ebay for 1200-1300 you are still ahead a few hundred bucks.

Win-win for all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)