Oakland A's leave CSN Bay Area

My cable provider told me about this a couple months ago but I thought they were blowing smoke about dropping CSN Bay Area, small neighborhood cable company. Now I just need them pick-up CSN-California in HD like they had Bay Area.

My cable provider told me about this a couple months ago but I thought they were blowing smoke about dropping CSN Bay Area, small neighborhood cable company. Now I just need them pick-up CSN-California in HD like they had Bay Area.
Here is more on this story!!

A's have new TV home: CSN California; no Ch. 36 - Inside Bay Area

Updated: 02/11/2009 06:57:45 PM PST

TREASURE ISLAND — Sacramento-based Comcast SportsNet California is the new exclusive television home of the A's, and Comcast subscribers in the Bay Area won't need a digital package to get the channel.
CSN California will air 145 regular-season games this season (games will no longer be televised on KICU Action 36). Coverage will include extended pregame and postgame shows. Seventy-five games will be televised in high definition.
Beginning March 4, CSN California will be available on channel 89 on Comcast's expanded basic packages in the Bay Area. Subscribers who can't get the channel can get a complimentary converter box.
CSN California also is on channel 698 on DirecTV, channel 409 on the Dish Network and channel 767 on AT&T U-verse.
"That was one of the things we wanted to make sure of, that it would be on a lower channel and more accessible to our fans," A's vice president of communications and broadcasting Ken Pries said after Wednesday's annual Bay Area Baseball Luncheon. "We wanted to have our own identity, our own channel."
CSN Bay Area also announced substantial added local programming, including a half-hour news show devoted exclusively to Bay Area sports to air nightly at 6, 10:30 and midnight. The new format begins April 6 when the A's season opens. Giants games remain on CSN Bay Area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)