Obnoxious Message from Tivo to Dish Subscribers

Yeah... I really wasn't trying to start a war about Tivo; I just thought their "Special Message to Dish Subscribers" (who are the innocents in my humble opinion) was kind of obnoxious.

Oh well. :)

stone phillips420 said:
w/o tivo software it would barely function
if you wanna make it a software issue
lets go tivo software vs. echostar software
if your trying to say echostar software is better you have more problems then i thought aside from being in memphis haha
sounds like we agree to disagree at least

And with TiVo software it's slower than sh*t...

rockymtnhigh said:
They say:
TiVo is a pioneer in Digital Video Recorder (DVR) products and services

Wonder what defines "pioneer" to my knowledge ReplayTV hit the market first and was a much better product. They just had a lousy marketing department.

I remember Tivo tried suing ReplayTV and ReplayTV countersued but I can't remember what the result was. I think ReplayTV won.

stone phillips420 said:
ya must be high, tivo blows any echostar product out of the water the features advertised on the side of any tivo box actually function

Tivo is the worst DVR I've ever used. Slow and clunky. Absolutely hate it

This one is a 160, replacing a flakey 250, (actually I think its the 4 year old 30 gig that I had it paired with), but had a new 160 so gonna try it as a single, and add the 250 as the second drive(repatching) if it works ... (what little I have played with my brothers Tivo, it is slow...)

I had both Tivo (series 2) and a 721 at the time. I perfered the 721 over the tivo as the picture quality suffered using the tivo. I also perfer the Dish dvrs like the 622 over Tivo as they do Hd, can record 3 things at the same time , their guides are lightening fast, the timers are easy to program without using multiple screens and answering multiple questions. IN fact the 622 is the best of all Dish dvrs and it has some of the best of Tivo in the name based recording features.

IF Charlie worked a settlement with Tivo I am sure we could get some other Tivo features like folders, and maybe the ability to hook our dvrs up to see recorded shows on all your dvrs at the same time. I am also sure that any deal worked would probably result in a dancing Tivo man added to our guides and recorded dvr screen. Kind of like the deal worked with Tv Guide and we all got Tv Guide added to our guides.

I read that Cox cable worked a deal with Tivo and they are going to download the Tivo software to the hd dvrs already in the market so they don't require any change of the set top boxes. I don't know how cable does their software downloads though. I am betting Dish would also download the Tivo changes via the satellite if they work a deal just like Cox is going to do.

stone phillips420 said:
ive had lot of echostar dvrs comcast dvrs replaytv's and tivo
i like tivo the best and always will

with all due respect... just a simple question?

Why on earth do you feel the need to post so much on the E* forums if you don't have the service? I've never understood that.

I have E* and I have never even looked at the Direct TV forums nor any of the cable forums.

I have had Charter cable and Cox cable and didn't like either one. But I don't go to their forums and bash on their crappy DVR's and lackluster PQ, and tout how Dish network is so much better. Why would I?

mikew said:
I've never seen a VCR record to a HDD
I've never seen a VCR that can search for programs
I've never seen a VCR that can record by name
I've never seen a VCR that has a built in 14 day guide.

Still laughing...or do you need more?

Well, many PBS stations archive their HD and playback programs on VHS-HD. There IS such an animal. Being digital, with compression, as long as you do not dub generation after generation, it looks good. But it still is tape. Sill has lots of mechanical items to fry your prize recording.

Last edited:
hey stone, want my hr10-250's? I have two that have sat collecting dust since I got my 2 622's from E* in February. No one that has used both would go back to the hr10-250.

Then what happens when DirecTV changes to mpeg4 and you have to adopt their dvr? No Tivo then. Your argument is pointless. DirecTV will be dropping hr10-250 support in the not so distant future.

NOHDjunkie said:

Why on earth do you feel the need to post so much on the E* forums if you don't have the service? I've never understood that.

I have E* and I have never even looked at the Direct TV forums nor any of the cable forums.

I have had Charter cable and Cox cable and didn't like either one. But I don't go to their forums and bash on their crappy DVR's and lackluster PQ, and tout how Dish network is so much better. Why would I?

Makes you wonder. Like the HD-Lite compainers that continue to sub with Dish.

NOHDjunkie said:

They must have pissed him off so he feels he needs to bash them.

Dvr question

Need HD receiver advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)