Ocasional audio break-ups on Rave-HD

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Occasional audio break-ups on Rave-HD (and other VOOM21?)

I've noticed that the audio stream occasionally breaks-up for a fraction of a second. It occurs randomly, but it seems to occur at least once every 3-5 minutes.
This problem started happening back on the VOOM DBS days, after the migration to the Harmonic encoders. I'm not sure if this problem occurs on any other VOOM21 channels.
This is really annoying. Anybody else notice it?

Yes, I have noticed the audio break ups on Rave ever since I subscribed to Voom. The problem moved to Dish with the handoff of Voom.

I too have noticed the audio blips on Rave ever since I signed up for Voom. I now have Dish and the blips are still there. This is a great channel but I sure wish they would do something about the audio problem.

Dang it.. I was hoping that problem would be gone on Dish. I have a scheduled install today. Is Wilt still a contact for such things? Maybe we can contact him about the problem.

811 - Rave Audio Drops

I'm getting constant Dolby Digital audio drops on Rave. I have no problem with any other channel. I also notice that when I check the signal strength, it shows TP 4 at around 87 in red then drops and stays at 0. Most other TPS on 61.5 are fine and all other Voom channels seem OK. Is this an 811 thing, Rave thing, or is it just me???

How often?

I just switched to rave and have been watching for about 5 minutes with no problems.

Oh yeah I am getting the blips on this channels It's pretty subtle to me so if I wasn't paying attention it would pass me by

It's a known issue with this channel, and it's quite annoying.

It isn't specific to the 811, I've had it happen on the 6000 upstairs as well as the 811 downstairs.

Cheers,

just to add, I noticed it last night on my 921. Very annoying as the receiver switches to Dolby Pro when the drop occurs then comes back to 5.1

Ok I'll merge with that thread.

This is 1 of 3 voom problems I'n having.

The other 2 are the shows that get shifted up with a black bar on the bottom, and also the soft audio on HDNews.

Sorry...I've been working long shifts for a couple of months and I'm too damned lazy to do a search. Just glad to hear it's not me. I didn't have Voom before and this channel has become a new favorite. Micheal McDonald was tremendous as was the brit version of Frank Sinatra. Of all things, music is not the one to have audio drops on.

All in all...props to Dish for picking this up at $5.00 a month. Just hope this audio thing gets fixed soon.

This channel used to be fine with no audio dropouts at all until Voom did their encoded upgrade, and right after that the audio dropouts started. I was really hoping that when the channel moved to Dish that the problem would go away. I even had my Voom receiver swapped once trying to fix this problem. The Voom CSRs said that there is no problem with the transmission, must be my Voom receiver. Figured they didn't know what they were talking about, and sure enough.

I think it's gone....

I've been watching Sheryl Crow and haven't had any drop outs...

Dish's response to my email.
"Our Technical Operations Center has been monitoring RAVE and has also heard the audio drops you are reporting. Our engineering staff has been working with the provider on this issue over the past week, and hopes to have a resolution in the near future."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts